TITAN 25 Auto Pat. Made in Italy

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by BrianParkman, Sep 23, 2010.

1. BrianParkman

BrianParkman New Member

I recently received a small handgun, passed down to me by my Mother. It's a TITAN 25 Auto Pat. Made in Italy. Black and cold colored metal, with light coffee colored, plastic had grip. There is a tiger imprinted on the gold part of the barrel and a rose on the plastic part. Also imprinted is on the black metal barred in F.I. E. Corp _ Miami, FL on one side and what I believe is the serial number on the other. Can anyone tell me anything about this kind of a gun? I E-mailed FIE and they wrote back saying that they don't make handguns. Thanks for any info that anyone can give me.
  2. mark_baron

mark_baron New Member

F.I.E. = Firearms Import and Export.

My book says the gold trimmed model was made between 1986 and 1989. Last Mfgr. Suggested Retail was $77.00. Prices range from $60.00 in 100% condition down to $30.00 in 70% condition. Plus add $26.00 for gold trimmed model. So it could be worth $86.00 (unlikely) to $56.00. So probably somewhere in the middle (about $70.00). Impossible to tell condition with out pictures.

It is basically a Saturday night special. If it is in really nice shape, a pawn shop in my area (Tampa Bay area, Fl) would give you about $25 and try to retail it for about $75.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

FIE has gone through several owners, but the answer that they don't "make" handguns is a bit evasive, as the company, at least in a previous incarnation, imported hundreds of thousands of them, and had receivers made in the U.S. on which they installed imported parts to get around the GCA '68.

Jim