Titan 25

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by charwosbb, Jul 21, 2008.

1. charwosbb

charwosbb New Member

I have recently acquired a 25-caliber semi-automatic handgun. I would like to find out the approximate age and estimated value of this pistol. It is square framed with plastic removable handgrip covers. It has F.I.E. corp.-Miami, Florida on right side of frame-body below barrel. <TITAN> CAL. 25 PAT. PEN. on left side of slide. Left side frame-body serial# 202-series.Left side front of trigger guard is stamped a numeric 0. It is 4 3/4" from top-end of handgrip to tip of barrel; 3 1/2" from bottom of grip to top of frame; 2 1/2" barrel with slide assembly. Over all condition is about 70% of new.
  2. Erich

Erich New Member

Albuquerque NM USA - 6000' above sea level
    In that condition, it's worth about $75.

There's one in that shape on an auction site right now with the item number 105278262 (this board's software won't let me input the auction site's name). It's starting at $60 . . .
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  3. charwosbb

charwosbb New Member

Thanks for the info, Erich. I really like this little pistol. I'm a small woman and it fits my hand perfectly. It is very accurate. I seem to handle it a great deal better than my H&R 22 Rimfire. I believe it is the difference in the long barrel to the short. I grew up with a father and two brothers that were hunting enthusiasts, but did not start getting into handling firearms myself until recently. Ironically enough, a friend of my husband's also named Eric, is who encouraged this interest.
  4. Erich

Erich New Member

Albuquerque NM USA - 6000' above sea level
    You're most welcome! :) They are neat little guns - I like the .25 ACP round a lot more than the .22 LR in small autos for reliability. The .25 both feeds better and ignites more reliably than the .22 LR, in my experience. I managed a gun store for a couple of years between college and law school (lo, now 20 years ago! :eek:), and we sold a number of these FIE Italian imports (well, the parts were imported, and they were assembled in Florida). They were decent little guns - your question got me checking around the web to see what it would cost to pick one up for myself for old time's sake! :D Anyway, hope you enjoy it! :)
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It also hits harder, if you are comparing the same size guns (apples to apples), like the Beretta 21 Bobcat, which comes in both calibers.
  6. NanyW

NanyW New Member

Hi Erich! I bought a .25 Caliber Titan Automatic Pistol recently. Am totally ignorant of fire arms, but wanted something in my home in case of emergency. I'm 72 and sassy...heh heh. My question is: once one round is fired, do I have to cock the gun again in order to shoot again? or will the bullet re-load itself? Stupid question, I'm sure, but it perplexes me..........any information is appreciated. Thanks, in advance.
  7. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

It will automatically cycle the next round to the chamber, hence, semiautomatic operation.

I've attached a photo of the Titan as well. :D

Attached Files:

8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I have taught many people to shoot semiauto pistols, and I tell them, "Hold it here, pull this back and it will chamber the round, so you can fire". About 90% of them then ask if they have to pull it back again to chamber the next round. So, not only is it not a stupid question, it is a very common question for the people that are new to shooting.
  9. NanyW

NanyW New Member

Thanks for the info, Alpo. And the very kind words. You know, I used to have an inferiority complex years ago, but then I went to a psychiatrist and found out I REALLY was inferior! (No more complex! heh heh)
  10. RichP

RichP New Member

I have an old Titan 25 that I have had since 1969. I have only fired it a few times but it performed well. My issue is that I can't determine how to break it down for cleaning. Is there any source for obtaining break down and cleaning instructions for this piece?
  11. Super Louis

Super Louis New Member

Hey i have a titan 25.. its my favorite gun! so small and reliable!
    if u want to break it down..its simple..
    of course make sure the mag is out and the chamber is clear, flip the safety switch to safe with the "S" showing..pull the slide to the very rear, hold and pull up..it will slide right off and forward. the recoil spring and spring guide is one piece.. clean and just make sure the safety switch is still on "S" when u put it back..
    i hope i was thorough enough..
  12. oddmanout06

oddmanout06 New Member

Hi, I'm new to the site, so bear with me. I was looking up the Titan 25 cal. semi-automatic, as I have one, which was given to me many years ago...forgot I had it, in fact. Found it today. Are the .25 cal bullets hard to find as mine are very old? I also had a person tell me that if bullets are kept in the clip for extended periods, it will ruin the spring in the clip and cause a problem firing? Is this true? How would you know if the spring is sprung? My clip was loaded, which means it has been for several years (though was not in the gun). How can you tell if the chamber is clear?

Thanks for any and all pointers.
  13. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Your ammunition is probably fine, as is your magazine (it's not a clip.) Springs don't wear out.
  14. okeeemt

okeeemt New Member

Believe it or not they say it's better to kep the magazine loaded. then to keep it empty
  15. oddmanout06

oddmanout06 New Member

Thanks, okeeemt. I'm glad to hear this. I thought it sounded a bit counter-productive to have to ask an intruder to wait while you put ammo in the mag. :eek: