tn sako

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tn sako, Nov 3, 2011.

1. tn sako

tn sako New Member

hello everyone.im new.i need complete reload data for berger 140 gr bullets with varget or rl-19 powder.270 wsm.need case size trim an total length.24 3/8 barell sako telcomate.thanks everyone.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

66.0 g RL19 resulting in 3,211 fps
  3. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Did you consult your manuals??
  4. tn sako

tn sako New Member

i have no manuals
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Prolly not a bad idea to buy a couple.. Reloading isnt something you can wing and expect not to eventually blow your sako up. The manuals arent so much for the data, but for the priceless knowledge and instruction printed in the first 120 or so pages. I recommend you go buy a Lyman 49th and a Hornady 8th. Thatll get you started. Read the first 120 pages OF BOTH MANUALS, and then come ask questions. Im betting youd find the answers to your questions in those pages.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Besides.. Think about this for a second.. Lets say I had a crappy day at work.. I get home, log into my favorite forum and right here in my reloading forum i find a thread by a new member, and hes what I would consider a lazy reloader. Doesnt want to spend the money on the proper materials needed to do the task safely and efficiently.. Whats to say i dont make up a bunch of numbers like for isntance. put a magnum primer, 65 grains of bullseye, in the case and set the bullet to 2.860" and apply a heavy crimp.. That load would definitely blow your rifle up and your face off. But thats the risk you run trying to cut corners like that.

This is just theoretical, Of course I dont want you to blow your face off. I do want you to join in a lifelong hobby that you will pass on to the next generation of tn sakos.

;)
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Then we have one like this. On the cowboy wire, a few years back, someone gave his favorite load for 45 Colt. xx grains of 296. I'd never seen a 45 Colt load using 296, so I got out my Winchester book and looked. In the "Ruger Only" section, there were some 296 loads, but not the weight he listed. So I went online to his thread and asked him where he got that load, and gave my reason for asking.

He responded and said, "Brain Fart. I listed the wrong powder". Then he corrected his earlier post, by putting the correct powder in it. But somebody coulda looked at that, tried it, and blowed up a gun and a hand.

He didn't do it intentional, but you'd have still blowed up your hand.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And you have just proved the point I was making perfectly Alpo. You consulted your manual and knew to ask questions, and possibly saved someones revolver and/or life.

Manuals are not a waste of money in the reloading game. IMO, they are more valuable than the firearms you use them to load for.