TN teachers stage fake gunman attack on 6th graders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rommelvon, May 14, 2007.

1. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Whoever is responsible should be fired and NEVER allowed in a classroom again.....

Another good reason for Home Schooling.

If I had known then what I know now, I would have home schooled all of mine !!!!
  3. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

With my own kids & other peoples (in boyscots & church activities) I've posed questions about emergency situations like earthquakes & what would we do if such & such happened. I'm the emergency preparedness coordinator for my church group. I think this helps the kids in their minds feel more prepared & lees likely to give up in bad situations.

I would never dream of telling them it was real. It would work the opposite way in their minds. It would teach them that the adults they trust won't be any good to them & they'll feel helpless. I think those teachers need about three days & nights in their county jail for child abuse. They can practice telling themselves that the screams thru the night are just a drill. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  4. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

I like the idea of a drill, but dislike the dishonesty of the teachers. Also, there was no opt-out for parents. Also, I dislike the passivity taught the children.

"Stay under your desk and be quiet."

Not "Be very quiet and work your way off campus to a safe area."

Ill-conceived and poorly executed.
  5. obxned

obxned New Member

Fire them all!!
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

7. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

That is just wrong & saddening.
  8. cec

cec New Member

Talking about what to do in those situations is one thing. However staging the event in that manner is out of line. Rather than jail, they could just put them in a room with the parents for a few minutes.

Johnk3, I also didn't like the "duck and cover" approach. Exiting when you have the chance is the better option.

Reminds me of a discussion that I had in 3rd grade about what to do if there was a fire in the school and the door was hot. Since opening the door was not an option, we were asked what would we do? Most students went for the stuff something under the door to block smoke or wait for rescue. My response of "Pick up my desk, throw it through the window, leave via the newly created exit" resulted in my getting yelled at for giving the wrong answer. I even went as far as pointing out that we were on the first floor and even if I was on the 2nd, I would risk a broken leg vs burned alive. The upshot is that I didn't have to put my method to the test.
  9. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

At least somebodys trying to show em what to do. I would tell em to grab there pencils or other makeshift weapons and rush the guy. Better to have one or 2 dead than 32 of em.-Char
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

on fox & friends this morning they announced this "drill" was really a PRANK! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

thank God my kids are NOT in the public school system!