To carry or not to carry??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lockednloaded45, Aug 21, 2009.

1. lockednloaded45

lockednloaded45 New Member

The wife and I are taking a trip to New york and Mass. I'm a legal carry permit holder in Mo. The problem is that I have to make a choice between being a law abiding citezen and having the means to protect me and my family. Anyone know what the penalties are for illegal carrying in those states ? I know, I know, dont go there, try telling my wife that lol, thanks for the input guys )
  2. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I don't pay much attention to laws in the People's Republic of NY, MS, NJ or anywhere in the general north east. I don't know what the penalties are either. That's just my general attitude. That's the main issue aside from money why I haven't gone to Mass to look into my ancestry. I would like to go to DC to see the National Archives & Smithsonian, but I'm afraid I will set off too many alarms when I ride into town. :eek: :D

I don't go anywhere I can't pack heat. Or rather, I pack heat everywhere I go. Sometimes it means I don't go to some places.
  3. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

'm the same as 45nut, but I also did a few illegal things that saved my life.
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I'm the exact same way.
  5. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Plaxico Buress got 2 years for having an illegal gun in NY and that was after he shot himself in the butt. I would probably carry but be aware that the penalties could be severe and may take away your ability to renew your ccw or even purchase a gun if the infraction is a felony in the state.
  6. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

Better to be tried by twelve then carried by six.
  7. Brian48

Brian48 New Member

Depending on where you're going, crime is not too bad in MA. Carry if you want to take the chance, but take every precaution to conceal it. I don't advocate breaking the law, but as they say, it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
  8. ARB

ARB New Member

If you are driving and you get busted in say, IL, they can make your life miserable. And I couldn't imagine spending time in a cell in NY. It's a tough one. I, have carried to another state that wasn't kosher with Missouri CCW laws. I was telling my wife the whole time, " watch the speed limit!". That's a long trip across states that may not share the same laws. If I were you, carry something else. It may or may not be worth it. It also depends on how you look. Are you a distinguished person, or someone that the LEO's may look at as suspicious? It sucks but it's true. Good luck, with your decision.:)
  9. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

In some states like NJ, self-defense isn't even recognized as a potentially legal idea.
    I try not to go there.
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Good God... why would nayone want ot got ot new yourk in the first place?

miek\

gn