1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

To open or not open the roll? (dollar coins)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by henry0reilly, Mar 8, 2007.

1. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

It turns out the Philadelphia mint let a bunch of the new coins slip out that are missing the edge inscriptions.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257462,00.html

So I've got two rolls of them I bought for investment and now I'm awfully tempted to open them to see if any are missing the inscriptions or have them inverted.

Folks are going hog wild over these on Fleabay. Here's a roll that is bringing over $100 + shipping: Ebay auction
  2. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

hankee, derz onee 1dam way2 fineout huh?? :cool:
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:) Put on your cotton gloves & check 'em out! The edge of the coin is where the inscription is/isn't. Can you feel it?:confused:
  4. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

You have to love this! Instant riches from government screw ups, but remember, it still took YOUR money to print the misfits!

post scriptum - heard recently that about half of our taxes go to support the idiots that continue to collect and spend/waste our money. Time for a change, you say? Then do something.

LL
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

They're yours Henry so do whatever tickles your pickle. It is solely up to you.
  6. Tuttle

Tuttle New Member

If eye wus u eye wood tak em 2 da stripr bar. Sit up front in sniffer roe and feed em to da sportin girls.

it don get much betr dan dat:D :cool:
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

It is now estimated that there were enough coins released that the price will settle to about $50 for quite awhile. I just bought 4 rolls for my monthly lunch money, before I heard of this.

Pops