To you third party voters

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Appliancedude, Nov 6, 2012.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I insulted you by explaining the Electoral College? :rolleyes:

What third party do I advocate for? Tell me, which one have I promoted? Find a post where I told anyone to vote for someone other than a Republican. Good luck.

There is a difference between advocating a third party and refusing to whore myself out to big government liberals just because they have an (R) next to their names.
    Sometimes that strategy makes us take a half step to the left (for instance, Tea Party people outed liberal Republican Senator Dick Lugar, but we ended up replacing him with Democrat Joe Donnelly). Do I regret it? Nope. Still making progress in fixing the Republican Party. Really no net loss, anyway.

Bitch and moan and yell at me all you want. My skin is plenty thick. Just don't be shocked that you're shooting yourself in the foot by demanding unthinking loyalty.
  2. FreeSovereign

FreeSovereign New Member

I have often wondered why Atlas Shrugged is not the banner of freedom. I figure it is due to the atheistic theme and leanings of the author. It still seems to be the only peaceful solution, and has been the solution of those able to move their businesses elsewhere.

After reading this thread and the others on blaming each other, here, for the O problem, it is obvious most would just call them quitters for not producing for the mooches and looters.

Then again, I find it almost amusing that people actually think their vote counted. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't, but to assume that the corruption hasn't bled into all aspects of the election is indeed a ''head in the sand'' view.
  3. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Don't hand me your bull____ you wouldn't have voted for a real honest to God Conservative either. You so full of crap its coming out your ears. You still would have voted for the Libertarian guy.
  4. FreeSovereign

FreeSovereign New Member

I keep hearing this ''for the good of the country'' theme. I agree, but only if what is good for the country is good for myself (my free market capitalistic selfish self) that is. I always get a little twitchy when I hear the Marxist themes of ''greater good'' and such. I am sure that is not the case here though...just saying it sounds awfully similar.
  5. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Well i'll save my foul mouth for when i calm down. I will say to all the lame ass voters who did this to us, thanks a ton! We who didnt dont even get a kiss or reacharound.It's a sad day in the USA.
  6. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Oh man, thank you...I'm a Marxist....LOL, thank you, first time I think I have smiled or laughed in the last 24 hrs,

I've seen a couple of your "I'm smarter than everyone" post's recently, well, maybe you are, maybe you are not......
  7. markfh

markfh New Member

Lots of harsh words here said by people that for the most part stand next to each other in the choir.

I see multiple reasons for our failure to rid ourselves of the marxist president but maybe the biggest, in my opinion, is the lack of interest by the 15 million or so people that voted in 2008 and didn't this time. Many of whom were republicans.

In many districts that probably would have made a huge difference. One we would have like much more.

We have a lot of work to do and should start now.
  8. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

No third party voters in ANY of the "blue" states (save Florida) would have added enough votes to Romney for to take the state. Florida is still in flux. But even if it were to go for Romney it won't take him to the needed 270 electoral votes.

Numbers here:

http://www.usatoday.com/election-2012/results/

Hover over any of the states at the above link to the results, and you'll see that his loss was by such a huge margin, that all the "other" votes wouldn't have come close to helping.

More likely, a bunch of "conservative" or "independent" voters didn't bother turning out, being so fed up with the corrupt 2 party system, that they no longer care. Your anger would be better focused there than at members here.
  9. graehaven

That is exactly the issue. NOT the ideological differences among independent minded voters who actually DID go out and vote.
  10. Appliancedude

No the premise of this thread was I was pissed off, frankly still am. I'm starting to regret having started this thread, as the anger I have at my fellow Americans is subsiding. Now I'm feeled with remorse. To those 3rd party guys that realized I was blowing off steam and kept their mouths closed and just let me vent, THANK YOU.

When I started this thread it was about 1/2 hour after Romneys concession speech. None of those numbers were in yet.

A lot of people have said things here over the last day and a half that I'm we regret. I know I'm one of them. There votes wouldn't have helped but they wouldn't have hurt either. I told you guys before, Romney was gonna need every vote he could get. I WAS RIGHT
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  11. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Yes you were right but he could not muster the voters to his cause because of his liberal baggage. I don't care who votes for who if that is who they really believe in but to start blaming others for the failure of your chosen candidate is simple minded at best and wrong no matter how you look at it. You want to compromise and vote for a compromising candidate that is your right. I voted for who I could believe in and stand behind and it wasn't Romney. I am not the reason the Republicans lost, the Party bosses and the mainstream media and apathy from all the couch sitters who were not inspired to exorcise their right to vote are the reason Republicans did not take the day. I voted straight Republican since I became a Goldwater Republican to the horror of my strictly Democrat family. I stayed true to the party till 1993 when George H. W. Bush and his adviser Colin Powell stopped short of victory and then after leaving office and giving us Dole he slammed the NRA for their stance on guns. They were fine as long as they were throwing their support behind him but when he didn't need them he ditched them.

I am was and will be an Allan Keyes backer till he or I turn room temperature and if you will look carefully he is a Republican but a steadfast stand by his principles and not change his stance depending on which way the winds blow type of politician. That is why I voted for Gary, same kind of man.

Yet you blame me for your candidate losing, duh! I'm the guy pushing people to learn the issues, to learn what their rights are, to go beyond what you see on TV but nope, I'm the whipping boy, I beat Romney, makes sense to me. Sorry about the name calling but you do know how to push my buttons.
  12. Appliancedude

Hey I work on appliances, of course I know how to push buttons.

Look, I was angry and you guys were the closest target I could hit. For that I apologize. I'm still pissed off though. I'm sure you've never taken your anger out on someone who didn't deserve it. But unlike you, I'm not perfect

What annoys me most about you Grump is you. In another thread you yelled at everyone for quitting and taking their bat and going home. But that is what you did, isn't it. You got mad at Bush 41 and quit. You took your bat and went home. Instead of trying to help fix the Republican party, you left it. And then get mad at others for doing the same thing. Am I happy with my party? NOPE. Do I still plan on leaving it? Not sure at the moment. I"M NOT A QUITTER! I think we can fix it. But we need everyone.

As for Alan Keyes. Yea he's a good guy. I like him. But he wasn't electable then, and he's never run for Pres. since. Help us find another Keyes, or get the bastard to run again. The reason he wasn't electable then, was he had never held a public office. I don't know if he has since.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  13. MadScotsMan

MadScotsMan Member

I think the lessons here are:

1) Think and calm down before you post because right or wrong, people are going to call you on what you post, particularly when you are posting inflammatory statements.

2) I am certain that the people who voted third party did so with their country first in their hearts and minds whether you choose to believe that or not.

3) There is little difference in what the final outcome will be whether it is four more years of Obama or four years with Romney. We're screwed. And we let it happen.

Despite who is in the White House, this country will continue its slide from a democratic republic to a fascist "corpotocracy." Corporations are people, really? A billion dollars spent on this campaign? Really? We are all united in the belief that this country can be a much, much better place than it has turned into in the last 30 years or so. We the people will ultimately be responsible for the change we want, but we will fail miserably if we squander our ability to effect change if we sit around alienating, denigrating and insulting each other. I understand the need to rant, Lord knows I've done more than my share of late, but when that rant becomes a tirade against the very people who pretty much believe the same as you, then absolutely NOTHING is gained and those currently in power have won because we wasted all our time and effort infighting rather than working together. You will never get a 100% consensus, but if like-minded people work together rather than against one another to effect change, then this country can recover from this mess it currently finds itself in and be great once again.

I'll climb off off soapbox now...flame away. I hear Jack said his bar is open….
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  14. Appliancedude

1st, I have a very short fuse. And I tend to speak before I think. Luckily my anger subsides fast too. I'll deal with the ones mad at me. They will either forgive me or not. And the ones that don't, OH Well.

2nd I'm sure they did

3rd. While we may have been screwed either way, at least Romney would have used lube and gave us a RA

4th Whats the quickest way to Jacks bar?
  15. CampingJosh

Fire for effect. If you don't have thick skin, you shouldn't be in here.

I have a feeling that you, Steve, the Old Grump, and me would make for a fun table sitting in person. They'd have to put us in a corner though so we wouldn't disrupt the rest of the restaurant.

And the first round would be on me. :)
  16. CampingJosh

Corporations have been treated like people since they've first been defined. You can buy and sell guns (including machine guns) as a corporation. It's a legal entity, same as a person.

If a person could legally spend his money for a free speech purpose, why wouldn't a corporation (whose money is really the owners' money anyway)?

Unions get to spend money on elections. Why shouldn't other legal entities be able to do so? It's all someone's money; why should they have to spend 35% of it in taxes to "take it home" before spending it for business purposes? That idea seems crazy to me.

Save me a seat at one of the tall tables!
  17. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Bravo for coming to some sort of a meeting place. At least none of you are liberal lunatics, thank god!
  18. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

OK, I'll bite... been running the mountains after elk all week and heard the sad news night before last on a radio station.

my vote to Gary didn't get thrown away. Eventually, if enough people shake this two party nonsense, we can actually have the percentage needed for the candidate to even show up to the debate.

look at facts and numbers before you start flaming people is my thought when I read through this.
  19. FreeSovereign

FreeSovereign New Member

I applaude those who did not compromise their convictions in the battle of good versus evil. Compromising on the color of your couch is okay, but compromising on integrity, morality, and true freedom is loathsome. Some say they abandoned the Republicans years ago, but maybe it was the Republicans who abandoned their princliples, leaving no alternative but to catch another ride. Myself, I am ready for another ride. Just like the dem's are not the dem's of old, neither are the Repub's. Revival of freedom, free will, and the moral rule of law would seem essential for any real change. Confiscation of property by either is not freedom.
  20. graehaven

We're like family here, somewhat. We can bicker, and sometimes say things that sting, but when it comes right down to it, we're on the same side, and I ain't lettin' nobody pick on my brother. I'd want to be at the same table with Josh and Steve and Dan and the rest. Our love for God, guns and what this country was and hopefully could be again, is what holds us together. Not some squirrely election results. We gun owners must stick together no matter what. Without us, and defending the 2nd, all the rest is lost. I fear dark, dark days ahead, and it will matter more than ever to stand by each other. God help us, please.

– Andrew