To you third party voters

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Appliancedude, Nov 6, 2012.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Corporations have been treated like people since they've first been defined. You can buy and sell guns (including machine guns) as a corporation. It's a legal entity, same as a person.

If a person could legally spend his money for a free speech purpose, why wouldn't a corporation (whose money is really the owners' money anyway)?

Unions get to spend money on elections. Why shouldn't other legal entities be able to do so? It's all someone's money; why should they have to spend 35% of it in taxes to "take it home" before spending it for business purposes? That idea seems crazy to me.

Save me a seat at one of the tall tables!
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Bravo for coming to some sort of a meeting place. At least none of you are liberal lunatics, thank god!
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

OK, I'll bite... been running the mountains after elk all week and heard the sad news night before last on a radio station.

my vote to Gary didn't get thrown away. Eventually, if enough people shake this two party nonsense, we can actually have the percentage needed for the candidate to even show up to the debate.

look at facts and numbers before you start flaming people is my thought when I read through this.
  4. FreeSovereign

FreeSovereign New Member

I applaude those who did not compromise their convictions in the battle of good versus evil. Compromising on the color of your couch is okay, but compromising on integrity, morality, and true freedom is loathsome. Some say they abandoned the Republicans years ago, but maybe it was the Republicans who abandoned their princliples, leaving no alternative but to catch another ride. Myself, I am ready for another ride. Just like the dem's are not the dem's of old, neither are the Repub's. Revival of freedom, free will, and the moral rule of law would seem essential for any real change. Confiscation of property by either is not freedom.
  5. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

We're like family here, somewhat. We can bicker, and sometimes say things that sting, but when it comes right down to it, we're on the same side, and I ain't lettin' nobody pick on my brother. I'd want to be at the same table with Josh and Steve and Dan and the rest. Our love for God, guns and what this country was and hopefully could be again, is what holds us together. Not some squirrely election results. We gun owners must stick together no matter what. Without us, and defending the 2nd, all the rest is lost. I fear dark, dark days ahead, and it will matter more than ever to stand by each other. God help us, please.

– Andrew
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Just an observation. Do you all remember the logic used on this very forum explaining why some were voting for a third party candidate or not at all, even if it assured another four years of insanity? The thought was that another term will so polarize the country that it would result in a conservative backlash. Let me know in four years how that's working out for you. We now have all the republican pundits saying the party needs to change to establish a broader appeal. Oh really. And that's a victory for conservatism how?
  7. MadScotsMan

MadScotsMan Member

3rd. While we may have been screwed either way, at least Romney would have used lube and gave us a RA

I must confess, you make a valid point there...:D
  8. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Saif it before, will say it again, Independents don;t need to get a majority to make a change, the threat of numbers and enough people mad enough to vote independent of the mainstream makes the GOP rethink their strategy and they have to go back to the core values they use to hold sacred.

There have been to many decades of professional politicians setting aside their values and their oath in order to maintain their power and their seat. To many decades where they have exempted themselves from the very laws they pass and make mandatory on us. They have created a class of too good to be bothered with such trivialities and a class of deep pockets who must obey and pay so they can live in the style they think they deserve.

I didn't desert a Republican party, they were no longer Republicans, Reagan had more problem dealing with his own party than he did dealing with the Democrats. It's been down hill from there. By being a third and hopefully part of a growing third whose roots go back to the founding fathers I hope to do what I couldn't when I was in the party voting a straight ticket and sending them my campaign contributions.

I still vote Republican if that man is better suited to the office or Democrat if that man reflects my values but as good a person as Romney was he never stood his ground. Wonderful for the moulders of his public image, he tried to do a rewrite of his history but wasn't as good at it as Obama because he didn't lie as well. People who do stand fast and hold to their old fashioned values are anathema because the party hacks know they won't compromise their principles to pass a bad bill in spite of profit for themselves.

I would like to think we are not past the point of no return but with everybody so willing to compromise it seems like Thomas Jefferson was right and our next stop will be total collapse into anarchy as the public realizes they have drained the cup and there are no more freebies to get from a bankrupt government. Time to send a message was yesterday but most let it slip through their fingers and today it may be to late. However I will not give up until I reach that room temperature status, then it will be up to you younger people to pick up the load and do what is right.
  9. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Republicans that voted Libertarian didn't amount to a flea bite on a big hairy butt. Just like anybody voting Libertarian had done for YEARS. Hell, My SON and his WIFE voted Libertarian. I couldn't convince him he was throwing his vote away, but good thing it didn't matter. Indiana didn't matter at all except for Mourdock losing. And he said they held their nose and actually VOTED for Mourdock!

The PROBLEM was 3 MILLION Republicans across the entire country that didn't vote PERIOD.

What selfishness.

And I thought LIBERALS were the ones who were insufferable because they just KNEW they were smarter than everyone else....
  10. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

well stated....
  11. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

The Mood was very Somber among the customers who came into my deli the day after the election,,,Most of us thought Romney would be elected except for one jerk who said he didn,t care ,,but was glad Obama won because he had some Money bets on the results
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

I needs me a warm river shoreline, a bucket of crappie minnows and my cat fishing gear. Toss in a camp fire some hot black strong coffee, pan fried biscuits, a can of beans and just leave me alone for a week.
  13. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I think we should be asking ourselves why those 3,000,000 people didn't vote.
  14. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

314,743,000 people in the country, out of that approximately 150,000,000 are registered but only 120,000,000 bothered to vote so tell me where the other 30,000,000 people are?

Roughly 70% of eligible voters bother to register and roughly 70% of the registered voters ever bother to vote. Compare that to countries where the registration is hard and traveling to a polling place is brutal and then note their near 90% or better participation. Too fat dumb and happy to care and that is the sad truth of it. This country as a whole does not deserve good government and that is what they have been getting and its downhill from here.