Today at the doctor's office.

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Ursus, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

I was seated on the waiting room at a doctor's office today as well as some 5 patients. Suddenly two men about 20-25 y/o came in a asked to see the doctor. Now, most patients of this phisicyan are elders or young kids.(I´m not neither of those, I´m a sales rep.).

Robberies at docto'r offices are not uncommon here, so I went to orange condition, and grabbed the gun under my jacket, keeping it there. True to form, the men announced this was a holdup and one of them produced a knife, the other a gun. I drew my gun, and when they saw this they dropped their weapons and fled. The knife was real, the gun was a toy. I'm reliefed I didn't have to shoot them but what makes me mad is that one of the patients, an elder woman said that she was going to report me to the police!!
    The doctor came out of his office,he'd watched the whole incident in his monitor. (He has security cameras in the waiting room) and thanked me, reprimended ¨heavily¨to the old lady and told me he has already called the police, and that I should not worry.

He also asked to call him in the afternoon because he has decided to get a gun and training.
    Comments?
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Sounds good to me.
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Fine job, Ursus.

You aught to write NRA and tell them about it, even though it is from another country. It is a good example of self defence working when it should.
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Amazing, the old lady that is.

She is the true defination of a liberal sheep, you on the other hand are a blessed example of a sheep dog.

Good job, and yes it is another example of how just having a firearm can prevent a crime. Good job.

Like Marlin said about the NRA, don't forget to post your story with www.keepandbeararms.com also.
  5. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Thanks I´ll do that. And about the doctor we talk a few minutes ago. Police did not arrived until 4 hours had passed.
    And he will be going to the range tomorrow to test drive some guns. I´ll be there.
  6. nitrox

nitrox New Member

More power to you Ursus
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

The doctor needs to refuse to see her anymore
    Buy the way good job Usrus
  8. howards

howards New Member

That is why we need CC in all 50 states...good job.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Howards, welcome to the fourms and I agree that we all need access to CCW to all 50.

Just make it a stamp on your drivers license
  10. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Way to go Ursus.Maybe you should of let them rob only her .
  11. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Howards
  12. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

You're right. If I only woul'd had know...
  13. shooter

shooter New Member

ya know..i went through the CCW course..passed..but never filed my paperwork..i only wanted it because of the job i had ..working at night..handling money/bank bag and stuff..well when i got the shaft..the urge went away..but when i read stuff lke that and the stories in "combat handguns " "it happened to me section" ..i start to think ..that could it or will it ever happen to me..so i struggle with , do i get my CCW or do i not..even if youre in the right..im sure id be sitting in court over it ..wheter im innocent or not..or the kin folks of the person filing a civil suit..something..thats what i struggle with the most...damned if you do..might get a damn beat down if you dont

part of me says stop reading .. or if i carried i might bring truble on myself ..whats a person to do..if i ever was faced with the situation id hate myself that is if i lived for not being prepared
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  14. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Shooter

I'm not going to sit here and try to convince someone to carry, because I agree...There has been a time or two when it was "coming down to it" that I had to wonder if I'd be better off just going knucks and taking a possible assult charge and I have to resubmit my question every so often in hopes of finding a solution..."How the hell are you gonna go fist ta cuff with a .357 Mag in your back pocket and secure the durn thing?"

BUT...

What about other problems...Last year I stopped in to visit an old friend that I hadn't seen in a long time, the place of residence was a trailer house and at the time the "drive way" was nothing but mud, so I parked out on the oiltop road and diddybopped myself about 75 yards away from the security of my viehicle and pounded on the door, no one came to the door but a Bull Mastiff did come around from the back of the house and he decided he didn't like my shaved head and started acting VERY aggressive...In the end, the dogs owner (A boyfriend of my friends sister) finally arose from his sleep and called the dog off and chatted with me about how "These type dogs are usually pretty well behaved, but how I was lucky he was home because this particular dog would have eaten me alive". I just let him babble knowing that he loved his dog, but also knowing that had he not been home he would have returned to find a very beautifull, albeit dead dog in the mud.

I have to tell you Shooter, the handle of that pistol, even though it never left my pocket, felt very good in my hand that day.

Crpdeth
  15. Enzo_Guy

Enzo_Guy New Member

No because then she would be mad that he let them rob her instead of shooting them!:p