Today at the shooting range

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Deacon_Man, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

My Granddaughter from Washington State is here in Texas visiting me for a few days. I took her to Lone Star indoor gun range today, she had never shot a gun. I gave her all the basic steps of gun saftey and how to line up the sights. I'm tell-in you this kid had a great time.I took to the range a 1911-22 to get her started and then a Taurus 9mm and then a Smith & Wesson .45acp auto. Then we toped it off with a Taurus Judge .45lc/410. But as it would be for a beginner she liked the 1911-22 the best. Go figure...

Attached Files:

2. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

I did the same with my kids although they are grown ups now. I took my niece to the range because she asked me to on 17th birthday and we had a great time. I told her the family circle is now complete because she likes shooting, a family tradition.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sounds like a great time.
    I really like hearing about the ladies shooting.

Nice pics, noticed there isn't any of the targets. How did she do?
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Great way to spend some quality time, she won't ever forget this day. If she's like me, she may just fall in love with Texas and leave WaSt for good.