Today's 7-Shot Range-Report

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by GConn, Feb 16, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

note the white finger tips on my offhand from grip pressure. Thats that pulling/pushing you heard of in effect...;)
  2. GConn

GConn New Member

Man-alive...this is great! The pics are worth MORE than a thousand words...

The Good news, here, for me is: I'm already doing trigger-grip #2 (in your 2nd photo) - in fact, I'm actually not even going that deep into the guard, and have been concerned that I wasn't deep enough (that's what my girlfriend said too HA!!)

Anyway, thank you MORE THAN a thousand for these...helps immensely...it really does JLA! ;- ]
    PS ~ I have a good amount of experience with triggers, and squeezing them...with the 12-gauge and a couple different rifles. Just not much with the handguns - which most certainly ARE different animals - thanks again!
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yessir! happy to help.

I help new shooters in my area learn how to shoot and MANY of them tend to do what they seen Jack Bower do on the TV series 24... The hollywood trigger is THE single most common problem I see new shooters have, besides flinching of course;)
  4. GConn

GConn New Member

Excellent. I have to admit, flinching was HUGE for me at first (and I find can still be, depending on my mood) - even though I've shot long-guns for many years, something about that tiny-short barrel (a barrel of less than a couple feet long) was sorta spooky!

Was obvious from the very first time I loaded a round into a handgun, that this was somehow "more serious" ... potentially A LOT easier to hurt (KILL) someone or get hurt (DEAD)...somehow...? Or maybe it's just a psychological thing??
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

i believe it is psychological for most. The percieved explosion is a couple feet away with a rifle. with a pistol its right in the palm of your hand. It makes a big difference for someone that isnt a seasoned pistol shooter