Todays confrontation

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Crpdeth, Dec 30, 2005.

1. whiteclouder

whiteclouder New Member

Heh-heh. That's a great story. Stuff like that is why I write fiction. Thanks for sharing that.

Clouder..
  2. kikr

kikr New Member

My response is always an instant policy followed by a question of concern (are you ok?). It instantly defuses the situation, most of time. Yeah you made a mistake or two but don't beat yourself up too bad. From your description this guy sounds like a genuine a-hole and nothing you couldve said would have made it better. Live, learn, and laugh.
  3. DEANROSS

DEANROSS New Member

I hate when ppl bump into me, it happens though, why i dont know, i hate when i am in a check out line, next person has to be all up on me, a lil elbow room is nice, when i do get bumped, i expect an apology within 2 steps, not six nor none at all, im sorry but i think you should have apologized a bit sooner, and call me racist but we all know black men have a bit of a complex to begine with. my second thought, i have never had a man say this to me, but for you to say i am armed, would have just pissed me off a lil more, kinda made you look like a coward that cant stand his own ground, i hate a coward, yet one last thought , men that carry on ther hip in public is just one way of them saying hey look at me, my opinion, ther just looking for trouble, many will disagree with me on this, but just my 2 cents,
  4. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

I can't believe this thread is still going.
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I know it's a late post but what the HE!!

My general rule of thumb is don't pull till he pulls. He may pull a baton,knife taser, or etc. That will help you out in court. And think of this If you say I am armed no matter how fast you are he can stick you with a knife quicker exspecially a switch or the auto everyone likes now a days
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I'll try to get back to this later as I'm headed to work, but just to hit on a few topic's...

Clouder, whatcha trying ta say? As much as I chuckle about Deans comments and the way people tend to say whatever comes to mind on the internet, but seldom in real life, I still respect the fact that he DID come right out and say it, ya know?

Dean, no one likes to be called a coward so maybe I'm a little defensive here and you'll have to forgive my demenor, but there was a day when a good old rumble didn't hurt a thing, when I started carrying that day past.

I agree, carrying on the hip isan't the way to go, albeit probably more secure than the way I carry at work...If they are saying "look at me" it is really pushing the boundries of "concealed".

What if I think you bumped me and you think it's the other way around? Regardless, you better apologize quick Scooter, I may be just like you are.

Crpdeth
  7. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

I would hesitate to call him a coward. What kind of coward would post his personal experience and thoughts for all to see and judge.

I've never met Crp, but from reading what he has posted on this forum, the last thing I would think is that he is a coward.

My 2 cents.
  8. DEANROSS

DEANROSS New Member

ahhhhh ,,, i dont know, call me old fashion , but what ever happend to the day when two men had a beef and they would just fight it out, no cops, no guns, no knives, ya win some ya loose some, and for the man that is in the wrong, just admit! say your appology and be on your way, but you fellas know what i mean about being in a check out line and next person is breathing down your neck, its like they have a cow meantality going thru a branding gate, and yes when i am standing not moving and i get bumped, it is the others fault, and *** **** do i hate when they have like five feet to walk around me, , im not an angry person, just lil pet peeves i guees, and no the man who put is ordeal on the net was brave for that post, maybe just in the heat of the moment saw it easier to take the mans life instead of a simple sock in the eye, im sure the downtown buger king crowd would have taken the mans side being yelled at like a boy,,,i toatolly agree with carrying a concealed weapon, but is it realy nessasary to show your .357 on your hip walking into a circkle k to get a soda pop. wild west days are over, ahhh but it woulda been fun,,,,untill death anyway

Edit: watch your language.

Shooter45
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  9. DEANROSS

DEANROSS New Member

popgunner,,,,,,excellent post, like you said diffrent circumstances call for diffrent decisions,,, high fives for your dad.Great to hear,
  10. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Dean, dude go back and read your post (the edited one) does it even make sense to you? Honestly man I cant read through that drivel.

Thanks for the post Popgun

I concur 100% each real life confrontational scenario that one could feasibly find himself in will play out differently, I've done alot of reading on the topic since the fracas with the guy mentioned here...What is it now, seven months ago? Anyway, if nothing else I have learned from it which was in retrospect the intent of this thread, Dean was giving props to a good old fist fight, IMO you have it one way or the other, you either carry or you dont...I still dont think a licensed concealed carrying citizen needs to compromise everyones safety around him by going dukes, that firearm is simply not secure in a boxing match, anyone whos ever been in a fist fight knows what I'm talking about.

Getting back on track here, and back to popgunners thoughts, I think anyone who straps the heat on in the morning should devote some time to genuinely thinking about how he would react if provoked verbally and read up on some people who have been to hell and back because of their hot headed actions, maybe even sit through a murder trial...The ramifactions of pulling that trigger, are emotionally and financially catastrophic.

Crpdeth