"Tolerance" email I received

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by garydude, Sep 18, 2012.

1. garydude

garydude Member

Subject: Tolerance!!!
    This was a British citizen's letter to the Editor recently entitled Tolerance.

I am truly perplexed that so many of my friends are against another mosque being built in London on the Thames!
    Britain has always prided itself on being tolerant and I think it should be the goal of every Englishman to demonstrate it. Thus the Mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.
    That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting reciprocal tolerance from the Muslim community. We could call one of the clubs, which would be gay, "The Turban Cowboy", and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."
    Next door could be a butcher shop specializing in pork such as chops, bacon, sausages etc, and adjacent to that an open-pit pork barbeque restaurant, called "Iraq o' Ribs."

All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so the latest and any future mosque problems would be solved. If you agree with promoting tolerance, and you think this is a good plan, please publish my letter.
  2. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Whats good for the goose is also good for the gander
  3. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

I like it! :)
  4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sounds good to me. They want to live in our country, let them integrate into our culture. They ran away from their oppressive countries; why recreate those oppressive cultures here?
  5. ericmt

ericmt New Member

What are you talking about??? Tolerance is reserved only for groups progressives like!
  6. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

Your post deleted this part of the original letter to the editor: Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret," with sexy mannequins in the window modeling the goods.
    Next door to the lingerie shop there would be room for an adult sex toy shop, "Koranal Knowledge," its name in flashing neon lights and on the other side a liquor store called "Morehammered."
  7. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

as I understand it there is a "Turban Cowboy" in Meridian ID. men with painted nails go there after bingo. :wink:
  8. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

LOL! You guys are slaying me!
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nope not here. Those old boys at Bingo don't allow those kinds of bars. Maybe a Iraq-of-Ribs. mmm good.