Too lazy or busy to make beef jerky? Ever try OBERTO'S?

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by mjp28, May 6, 2012.

1. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Too lazy or busy to make beef jerky? Ever try OBERTO'S?

I ordered a whole bunch of beef jerky AND OTHER related products from OBERTO online a while back....might stock up on some more pretty soon. :)

http://www.oberto.com/

I love to just fold a piece or two in my mouth (like chewing tobacco) and enjoy.

[​IMG]
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

SLAP!!!! git your lazy butt out there and jerk that beef
  3. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Yeah I've even thought about getting one of those driers, never did. Some local shops had great local stuff but many quit selling to the public....FDA wanted too much testing and paperwork!!

Just go "click", the easy way. :dontknow:

Oberto's also has:

All Natural Jerky Classics Sticks Lowrey's Fundraising
  4. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I'm getting hungry for it just thinking about it!

This little group of shops, many Amish, about 15 miles from my house has all kinds of that stuff, I -LOVE- their tomato and garlic yogurt cheese, I'd get 1-2 pounds. Fabulous pies, homemade dinners, the works.

One had this really great jerky, I saved the label, later I couldn't find their jerky....so I called the family farm myself, they were real nice but explained the red tape hassles they had to go through.

The FDA wanted so many pounds of each batch, record keeping all that so they just quit selling to the public.

It was no slim jim crap!!
  5. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

I make mine all out of Venison. I made 16 lb last year during deer season in TN. I bagged it in 3 bags in order to use it at different times. I freeze it until I get ready to dehydrate. I made my last bag Wednesday. I told my wife I think I will double my making for this year and have 6 bags. 1 bag just don't last very long around here. You know you have to share with friends, and before you know it you are out of jerky. I just wish I had wrote down the recipe for the last l made, it is the best I have made. I'm so bad at that, I never use or write down a recipe for any thing I fix.
  6. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

The only problem I have with venison jerky is that it does not last long enough. We make a lot of it and usually it is all eaten within the week.
  7. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh here it is, I was going to buy a dryer but never did.
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

O'Bertos is good stuff. I'll be back up to Seattle in Jan; if I have time I will stop by the factory store. It's about 1/2 price there. I'll send you some if I do make it.
  9. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

That sounds good! :eek:
  10. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

I buy Jack Links when I'm too lazy. Good stuff!
  11. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oberto's is awesome.
  12. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I have a deer hunter friend who once in awhile brings me some venison jerky, good stuff!