took newbie to range

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BETH, Sep 25, 2012.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

she wanted to try pistol first gave her the walther p22 she shot 21' and 50' got one bullseye on both she was hitting the target she was very happy then they had a round metal plate and she was hitting that also. I kept telling her how good she was doing for first time but she was very tense she would roll her shoulders around take a deep sigh then changed stance told her to put gun down and relax its just for fun no competition. we then went to rifle range she shot bullseye at 50 yards bowling pin at 100yrds then we put some clays at 100yrd and she was hitting them. I brought a wobble neoprene target which she was hitting and then also brought diamond shape reset target which she was also hitting,she did good. she said she liked the rifle better she was more relaxed then my buddy Jules came and she did not want to shoot or anything with him there told her to go ahead u know what you are doing and she did. Oh listen to this Jules is looking at everything we had and basically said what the hay are u doing u bought the wrong ammo u bought cci .22short ammo u can't put that in the rifle and he is going on and on about it then i leaned over opened the case for my beretta .22short and said Jules i know what i am doing i am not that dumb well he did not know what to say after that:lmao2::lmao2:
  2. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

It's a guy thing, we know it all. If you don't believe me just ask me...;)
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

no i am not gonna ask i just smirked to myself
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

It's all about haveing fun, but in the mean time you'll be learning how to shoot while haveing fun! As time goes by and more range time, and still haveing fun, the proper stance (hand guns), trigger control and sight picture.
    Just keeps getting better. And one being embarrassed for the lack of good shooting or hitting the bullseye every shot...nonsence.
    Time and practice and haveing fun while your doing it!

Sounds like you're friend done well Beth!
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

she was grinning her head off she loved it. I will get pictures up when i figure out what i am doing wrong went to upload pictures from my camera to lapptop and they are not importing?
  6. Zane71464

Hummm...well, I have an older lap top now and from time to time, I'll have the same problem'os! I usually do a re-start and try again with uploading pics. (if your camera is plugged in, un-plug before re-starting the laptop) [just a thought as I'm no computer expert, in the least!]
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok will have to try that
  8. Zane71464

...I'm still running XP and to top that, a "borrowed" laptop at that! One of these days, one of these days I'll break down and finally buy me a dang PC!!!!:banghead::rant::thud::lmao:
  9. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Good for you Beth. It's always fun taking a first timer shooting.
  10. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Superb Beth.
    Next time she will be more relaxed.
    And I hope you two have many more to share.
  11. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Jules made one of the more common "young gun guy" errors. Maybe, as he gets older, he'll get smarter.

When you see the shooter has gun A, but has ammo B that does not work in gun A, the correct thing to do (actually, the CORRECT thing to do is to keep your damn mouth shut, unless it is dangerous, because it is none of your business), I say the correct thing to do is ask, "Why'd you bring the shorts?" That way Beth would say, "I brought 'em to shoot in this Astra", and Jules would say, "Ah", and still look intelligent (which is very important for guys, especially around girls).

While the "dumb young gun guy" error is to say, "You brought the wrong ammo, you dumb idiot", whereupon the shooter produces another gun and says, "No I didn't. I brought it to shoot in THIS, you dumber idioter."

:D
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Alpo Jules is 62and runs the silhouette shoot at our club he is very into guns and restores guns he finds he just jumped and put foot in mouth
  13. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

DSC00806 (800x600).jpg i only took picture of her with target don't know why but did not take any pictures of her shooting guess we will have to go agin
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

>Alpo Jules is 62<

That's what I said. Young guy.
  15. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

16. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice work Beth;
    Looks like you both enjoyed yourselves thoroughly.

Yes, you'll have to get pictures of her shooting next time, for her.

You've learned a lot; looks like you're doing a great job passing it on.

I gave up plugging my camera into the computer to download pictures. I just take out the SD card and put it into a card reader. If your computer doesn't have an integral cardreader, you can get one fairly cheaply at Target, Best Buy, office supply stores, etc.

The card appears as another removable drive in windows explorer.
  17. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the way I do it.
  18. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i will have to look
  19. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

great job Beth. always good to hear of someone willing to take time to show a new person around our great sport. keep it up.
  20. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i am sure she will go again we had a ball