Took some macro pics of my colt

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by thunderstruck507, Jul 25, 2006.

1. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

I'm kinda into art photography, and my gun was still kinda dirty from my last outing so I thought I'd take some pics.

I promise it cleans up better, I was sweating and handling lots of crap (the grimey look worked for the pics I think)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Pretty nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. Since you're into art, I'd bet that a cylinderful of Gold Dots of Winchester Silver Tips would stand out a lot more than the Federals you got in there now. No, I'm not being a critic...:D

Btw- what .357 is it?
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ohh ya, looking down the barrel with hollow points installed.

I'm still trying to decide which one I like best, one of the last two. It look good dirty by the way.

As far as the ammo goes, for the pictures sake, I personally think that the word FEDERAL would look better. As far as performance goes, well that is another debate.
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Terrific close-up shots.

You definitely created some lovely pieces of art!!
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

6. thunderstruck507

[​IMG]

forgot that one

Its a Colt King Cobra .357, polished stainless with 4 in barrel.

I didn't even think about changing the ammo (it was 3am), I just bought some hydrashocks a while back cause I can't find a place that sells Silvertips (but I do have 6 Silvertips and agree they would look better) but I keep it loaded with the Feds and 6 more in a speedloader

[​IMG]
  7. thunderstruck507

I think I'll do another shoot sometime with the Silvertips and see how it comes out. I also want to find a way to send light into or out of the barrel and take some more shots down it, I didn't expect the rifling to show up so well

I was happy with the way they came out, I actually have been using them for my computer desktop, they look even better fullsize, lots more details show up, you can clearly see my fingerprints on some of them in the powder residue
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Send the light of a laser pointer up the barrel, that might make some cool pictures.
  9. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Great pics thunder