top break revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by goldenboyh, Oct 2, 2010.

1. goldenboyh

goldenboyh New Member

does anyone know what type of gun this is? i know it's bad shape i found it all rusted i soaked it in oil , been playing with it now everything is moving. i need to try to order some springs there's no markings anywhere. i've searched the internet haven't seen one yet .any help would be appreciated. spare me the wise guy comments i realize it's a piece of ##@ thanks i attached some pics

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      127.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      121.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      105.5 KB
      Views:
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

Looks somewhat like a Webley No. 4, or AKA Webley Pryse, Standard catalog of firearms, Page 375
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

It appears to have been a No.2 Model Wilkinson-Pryse, made by Webley, in .455/.476 caliber. I admit that I was first inclined to think it an Asiatic copy; but it is very close to the original and I now am ambivalent enough to have used the word "appears" above.

Any evidence of British proof marks or remaining Webley markings would remove doubts.

Regardless, the value is negligible, except as a curio, unless it is a "dug" gun with proven association with some famous battle.

Jim
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Looks like it came from the Zulu Wars...