Torkarev conversion kit?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mauserman454
    (6/11/02 2:04:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Torkarev conversion kit?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone have any luck with a tt-30 9mm conversion kit?
    I just ordered one from Navy Arms for $29.99 + s&h. Comes with a new barrel and a 9mm magazine. I was just wondering if anyone has had feeding problems or comments about it. I figured it would be a way to keep my torkarev fed if 7.62x25 becomes unavailible.

ssurell
    (6/12/02 3:32:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del CZ-52 or Tokarev
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wow, that's a cheap conversion! I was going to get a CZ-52 because of it's conversion potential, but I hear the Tokarev is a sturdier gun. Not to mention, that is a much cheaper conversion. I think the CZ is sexier than the Tok, but would sacrafice looks for functionality.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/12/02 4:01:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: CZ-52 or Tokarev
    Welcome Aboard ssurell & Mauser454!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

mauserman454
    (6/13/02 7:13:44 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Torkarev conversion kit?
    Yeah ssurell, I thought it was a mistake, But I called and ordered one. The guy was real friendly too.

Here is address to the conversion kit.

www.navyarmsmsd.com/html/item.cgi?55

I can't belive that they could even manufacture it for that price. I will add a reply to let you know how I like it when it comes in.

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/17/02 6:30:45 pm)
    All the talk I hear is that the CZ-52 is the more rugged gun that will stand up to hotter ammo than the TT-33. I don't intend shooting anything but normal loads in either my CZ or my Tok, so I don't spend much time worrying about it.

mauserman454
    (6/18/02 6:42:19 am)
    Yes, I too have heard that the cz-52 is stronger, but I like the look and feel of the Tork. The cz-52 feels very heavy and bulky. Anyway, that 9mm conversion kit came it. I am very pleased with it. Fit and finish are perfect. My only complaint is that it didn't come with a barrel link. So I have to drive the pin out every time I want to switch back and forth. Gunparts is out of stock. Anyone know anyplace else that I can get an extra barrel link?

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/18/02 8:44:18 am)
    Try Makarov.com, they have parts for comblock guns.