TORN FROM HIS LIVER SPOTTED HAND......

Discussion in 'VMBB Fire For Effect' started by rooter, Jun 7, 2009.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    What is this?

Here they come. They'll start on the older folks and work their way down to the rest.

Guns to be Banned for age 60 and over

THESE BOLSHEVIKS ARE IN FOR A REAL FIGHT ON THIS ONE

Guns To Be Banned For Elderly

Staff Reports
    United Press International
    Washington

Deputy Attorney General Designate David Ogden is circulating a draft of an executive order in which, among other things, firearms possession would be severely limited for people over 60.
    An assistant to Ogden told us, "It appears that in these changing times, it is no longer necessary to allow the elderly to be armed. With all of their physical ailments and increasing senility, to leave them in control of a deadly weapon would be ludicrous."
    While the Executive Order may sound too powerful, experts in Constitutional law state that it is not actually un-Constitutional.
    "It's a question of wording." states Columbia Law Professor, Dr. John Braxton. "The Constitution forbids the Congress, that is, the legislative branch, from passing any laws infringing on gun ownership. The executive branch is not included in this proviso. As long as the Congress doesn't get involved, it's technically a non-issue."
    The Justice Department was tossing the idea of a gun ban for seniors during the Carter and Clinton Administration, but public opinion stopped these initiatives. Now, the Obama White House believes differently.
    An unnamed aide close to Ogden agreed to talk on the condition of anonymity.
    "Clinton and Carter didn't have as much of a mandate as President Obama. They were both Southerners, and the Second Amendment was sacrosanct to their constituents. However, President Obama comes from a new sort of politics, where divisive issues like firearms do not apply to him."
    "Quite frankly, it's a shame that no one has had the good conscience to have done this already. It's a simple process, and the majority of the American people will understand it and follow the law."
    The enforcement mechanism for this particular executive order has not been published. It is likely that the confiscation of weapons will be similar to Great Britain's handgun ban, in which citizens willingly gave the weapons to police.
    It is expected that the executive order will be given around July 1, when senior-related gun deaths reach their peaks.
    The aide to Ogden stated: "For eight years you see the rolling back of regulation, and crime has skyrocketed. In fact, in Massachusetts alone, murders have risen 50% since 2002. Armed robbery has also risen dramatically. With such circumstances, we must act boldly.."

I can't help but ask, "How much of this crime was committed by people over 60?" And how much of this crime was committed on people over 60 who are unarmed?
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Col Jeff Cooper will be spinning in his grave. Its disgraceful.

And incidentally, we gave our handguns to the police 'willingly' because with the licensing system they knew exactly who had what. Guns, types, serial numbers. If you didn't hand one in, they would be knocking on your door and asking why.

Introducing licensing is a good precursor to a ban. Keep that in mind.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm 60, and all I've got to say, is come and get em!:mad:
  4. oldogy

oldogy New Member

I really feel sorry for the poor misguided slob/slobs who comes after mine. :(The powers are probably aware of the old saying that you never pick a fight with an old man. He will not fight, he'll just kill you.:)
    oldogy
  5. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Guess they didnt notice that the over 60 crowds vote more often than they younger crowds do, let em try this and the rep.s will take the majority back even sooner.....................
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I'm speechless. What an absolutely idiotic interpretation of the constitution. The second amendment states the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. It has nothing to do with congress. The bill of rights are just that...no branch of government may infringe on those rights.

What bothers me about this kind of thing is that the ones who come for your guns will likely be innocent employees of one law enforcement agency or another. It is the politicians that try this crap that deserve to be shot, not them.

Due to it's importance I think this thread should be moved or repeated in the general or constitutional forums so more people can be made aware of this.

Just an afterthought. It's easy to see what they are trying. "Divide and conquer". They know that they can't get away with stuff like this if they just try to impose restrictions on everybodyso they go after one smaller group at a time: seniors first, then vets, then TFF members , etc
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Indeed, what you have to remember is this is disarmament by degree. One small step at a time.

Most over 60 will have nothing to say, they dont have guns. Even most under 60 with guns wont see it as their problem. So, they get away with it. More will follow.
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Got some good news and some bad news. The good news is this story is false. http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/senior-gun-contol.htm. The bad news is I'm pissed as hell. This is the second time I've been fooled by one of the "satire' news pieces. It isn't funny. I was just loading up every gun I own when I got this news.
  9. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Damn Men...It seems as if I post more of this type material than anyone and I hate it when it turns out to be false, as this one claims to be....Don't hurt or help to apologize, but I am anyway....Thanks for the correct update MT...Chief
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Chief no apologies are needed. I've posted bogus stories before. You get info you think is legitimate and want to pass it on.

There are several of these sites that write stores like this as satire. Then they get circulated as real stories. It makes me mad to be fooled like that too.
  11. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope the Repubs don't get the power back. They're just as bad as the Demon crats. If not worse, as they're a bunch of faker sellouts. :mad:

It would be much better for a whole new bunch of independents to run and win the seats. That would be much better for all of us.