Touch Hole Picks

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Pustic, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Pustic

Pustic Member

Yesterday I went to the grocery store (Winn-Dixie) to do some food shopping and guess what I found there? Yup, I found an 8 pack of touch hole picks, at least that's what they look like, and for .99 cents, I couldn't pass it up. Anyone needing touch hole picks, now is the time to get them from your local grocery store. :D

Attached Files:

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Nice! i heat, flatten , curve then heat treat wire ( i like a edge to run around to really clean but these will do nice too
  3. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

I use straighten one loop of a paper clip to make a percussion nipple pick. Clip a couple to my pocket and I'm ready to go. After having a coouple misfires while having bucks in my sights (I can still see them), I clean those nipples after every shot in the woods.
  4. webfoot35

webfoot35 New Member

I use NUT PICKS. The kind you use to get the nut out of Walnut Shells.
  5. the Barbarian

the Barbarian New Member

It is a good idea to stay away from ferrous metal touch hole, or vent picks. The touch hole liner is fairly thin and a brass pick, wears less being of a softer metal make up. I use 1/16th" brass wire from the hardware store.