Toy Gun Incident

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by pinecone70, Feb 6, 2010.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

I can't believe people are this uptight. I mean, it's a non-operable plastic molded 2" toy for crying out loud:

NYC boy in big trouble for bringing 2-inch toy gun to school
    Associated Press
    Updated: 02/05/2010 10:01:41 AM CST

NEW YORK — A New York City fourth-grader was sent to the principal's office and nearly suspended for bringing a 2-inch toy gun to school.

Nine-year-old Patrick Timoney and a friend were playing with Legos in the cafeteria at Public School 52 in Staten Island on Tuesday when Patrick produced the tiny plastic machine gun and put it in the hands of a plastic police officer.

After Patrick's mother got a call from the school, his parents met with the principal and persuaded her not to discipline him if he agreed to leave the toy gun at home.

The boy's father, also named Patrick Timoney, says principal Evelyn Mastroianni "went overboard."

Mastroianni did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment Thursday.
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, that is WAY overboard -

Idiots.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

gun control hysteria knows no limits in the US either i see

wait till they start bringing out anti gun songs for preschoolers

and sending anyone who draws a gun in a picture for pych eval's

sorry to hear its happening so fast there

jack
  4. topper

topper New Member

What ever happened to common sense?
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

+1
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

Attached Files:

7. artabr

artabr New Member

After thought:

I bet if the look hard enough, they'll find biblical messages on the optics à la Trijicon. :rolleyes: :mad: :D

Art
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  8. doug66

doug66 New Member

If they made the kids keep their toys at home, might not have "this problem".

I drive a school bus and it is ridiculous all the crap these kids bring to school, they act like it's show and tell, everyday.

Now when I was a kid in school we had crayons, kleenex, glue, scissors, big chief tablet, and a pair of yellow #2's. and your lunch.

We didn't bring our toy box to school.
  9. lockednloaded45

lockednloaded45 New Member

People are just morons sometimes ( and complete idiots
  10. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

I didn't bring my toy box to school either, but I had a 2" jack knife daily.....
  11. doug66

doug66 New Member

That is what has changed. You knew your knife wasn't a toy.
  12. Zane71464

My Mom, bless her heart drove for over 25yrs, and the crap that she had to deal with, well I had to deal with defending her honor for the simlpe fact the priciples at the time didnt want to make the parents mad at them!
    And there was alot of knives and all in between. And in one incident, the guy had a knife (10th grader) and threatened her with it. The next day I rode her bus and put a good old fashioned woopin on him, for the fact she told the principal the day it happened and he didnt deal with it!

Guns are a touchy issue in schools because of the fact kids are getting killed with kids bringing them to school and parents and staff are feared for their very own lives trying to get our kids out there a proper education.
  13. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Can't get killed by a 2" solid plastic gun, that's what gets me.

My pocket knife was a tool, they saw me use it to whittle sticks in the school yard every day. Nobody ever said a word or looked twice, even then.
  14. Zane71464

No, and I agree with you there Piecone, they take it overboard to the extrems, seems there is no happy inbetween these days, sad but true. It's just like everything else, things keep going from worse to even worse and people come up with things and it gets blown way out of context. The world is turning into a crazy place (i dont have to tell anyone that)

And I agree with ya to Pincone, when I was in school, I always carried my buck folding hunting knife in high school every single day, and not a word was said. But times have changed and alot of kids dont think like "kids" these days.
    Different times!
  15. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Oh yeah, but I was in grade school. You'd think an eight year old whittling with a folding knife would cause some alarm, but no. Ha! I never cut myself.

Yes, we are living in an age where kids get sent home and suspended for wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a gun on it, or t-shirts with political statements that don't sit well with the school boards. These are troubling times.
  16. Zane71464

So very true!
    My son was told numerious times not to wear some of the shirts he wore from time to time...it's crazy!:rolleyes:

And yes, an 8yr old fiddlin around with a knife...If I would'a been your teacher in school, you my "deary" would be standin in the hall way all day long!!! (After the principal paddled your rear end red, and ya was seein red, white and blue!!! :D
  17. topper

topper New Member

I think almost all boys in my school had a pocketknife. I carried one for several years. Never took it out to threaten anyone with it.
  18. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Heh, yeah, I never threatened anyone with my knife either. Everyone wanted to see it.
  19. Zane71464

You sounded like you where just a kid with a knife not doin no harm, and nothing wrong with that! (you musta been a good kid):D
    I remember in the 8th grade there was this bully, nothing but T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
    He brought a 12ga shotgun shell to school one day and was dropping it with the primer to the ground. (I was afraid of him at the time) but I told him to put it in his pocket...he just done it more and some kid told out music teacher and sent him to the office. He came back the next day, and that year they tranferred him to another school. That next year he stabbed a friend of mine form the other school...that friend later sereved in the Gulf war and was killed in his Tank from friendly fire. I'll never forget him. (dont know how that even came up)...getting off the thread here, sorry.
  20. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Yeah, I was a good kid, very shy and eccentric. :D

When I was in 8th grade a kid spat on me in science class. The teacher got so mad at him I thought he was going to spit on the kid for real, it was pretty great. Bullies, feh. We had lots of them in school, it was awful.