Toyota troubles.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Trouble 45-70, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

It's interesting that all of a sudden there are manifold problems with Toyotas. Sticking Accelerators, Electromagnetic interference and brake failures.

I guess I am getting paranoid about our govt. Wonder if those problems will go away if Toyota unionizes. Or is it too successful in gaining market share against GM and Chrysler. Have seen a few articles recently about the problem but only a few instances mentioned out of a fleet of 100,000s sold.

Something smells funny, not ha ha.

Just wondering.
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I understand what you are implying and hadn't thought of it that way but when you consider they have had this problem for at least 5 years then you may be on to something.

The list of recalled vehicles. That looks like a pile of them.

2005-2010 Avalon 2009-2010 RAV4 2007-2010 Camry 2008-2010 Sequoia 2009-2010 Corolla 2005-2010 Tacoma 2008-2010 Highlander 2007-2010 Tundra 2009-2010 Matrix 2009-2010 VENZA 2004-2009 Prius
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Toyotas made in 2005 had these problems, but after Barry buys a large stake in GM and Chrysler, and those companies lose big to Toyota in his "Cash for Clunkers" scam, now all of a sudden the "fair and impartial" media is shouting to the heavens about how unsafe Toyota vehicles are:rolleyes: Yeah, such convienent timing:rolleyes::rolleyes:

*sniff sniff* It smells fishy. Someone better send Barry an email about the "fishy info":rolleyes:
  4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My wife drives an 2008 Highlander and I drive a 2010 Tundra. Hmmm.:( If I were any of you, dont be going slow if you are in front of us when the pedal is stuck to the metal!:eek::D
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Anyone whose accelerator gets stuck or whose engine "runs away" for whatever reason can solve the problem by simply shifting the transmission into Neutral. Don't turn off the engine, though, as that will shut down the power steering and power brakes, both essential for bringing the vehicle to a safe stop.

Don't shut off the engine when the vehicle is moving at speed, as the engine and/or transmission will suffer severe damage. And don't put the transmission into Park when a vehicle is moving except in the most dire emergency; it will stop the vehicle but will completely destroy the transmission.

Jim
  6. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

wow thats interesting. cause we all know how dependable Toyotas are so this is a really really wierd coincidence it doesnt make sense hmmm lol
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

We have an '07 Camry that we bought right after they came out in May of '06. It was my wife's birthday present that year. It's a dang good car, and neither of us can figure out how in the world the accelerator pedal gets stuck on them. The nearest I can figure, is that idiots are flooring the car at every acceleration. I can't imagine needing to do that even in the 2.4L 4 cylinder like ours. Their low end torque is pretty amazing thanks to the variable valve timing. I remember back when the '03 Mustang Cobra had this problem and I could understand it. People DO floor those if they're at the track. (Ask how I know... ;) ) Ford got bashed bad for that. This Toyota thing? I don't get it... I'm considering not having the recall repair done. If idiots drive like I suspect these that have had accidents are driving then I believe we're OK.
  8. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Is it maybe a small percentage of vehicles? Cincinnati's Famous Parasitic Trial Lawyer, Mr. Chesley has already filed a Class Action Lawsuit. He'll get mucho millions, Toyota will be left is disarray (and a number of Toyota plants are in the US, so workers will be impacted,and Toyota owners will get the fix they are entitled to, and would have gotten without Mr. Chesley's interference, and a coupon for a bucket of chicken a KFC.

Expect the POS lawyers in this country to be all over this. As usual. the "victims (if there are any) will get droppings.
  9. wingspar

wingspar Member

The accelerator problem comes from the company that manufactured the linkage. Toyota uses several different manufactures to manufacture the linkage. Only one of the companies involved have made this particular linkage that is causing problems with some vehicles, and it only shows up after many thousands of miles are put on the car. Some 80k miles or more. Just because your car is a Toyota, or one of the cars on the recall list does not mean your linkage will stick.

A Toyota mechanic can look, and within a few minutes, find out if your linkage needs replacement or not. 24/7/365 news and online blogs and internet chat tend to blow something like this totally out of proportion fast. It’s stupid.

I own a 2007 Camry, one of the vehicles on the recall list, but I did some research instead of listening to all the disinformation hype. My car only has 21k miles on it, and I am not concerned at all. My pickup is a Toyota also. Eventually I’ll get something in the mail asking me to bring the vehicle in, and eventually I will just to see if I have one of the effected linkages or not. In the meantime, I’ll ignore the disinformation dribble.
  10. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

The media really ran with this one, and it sort of reeks of boosting car sales.
  11. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The media is the top water bass rig of this administration. It's easily observable and you can manipulate it all you like with the flick of a wrist if you're holding the rod from above. Something will bite if it's presented correctly. ;)
  12. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I am starting to think *somebody* wants Americans to shy away from foreign brand names. Simple.

I loathe the media, glad I didn't go into journalism....:rolleyes:
  13. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Funny thing is, Japan (or whatever country Toyota is housed in) doesn't have this problem. I'd take a light pedal over a rough and heavy one, anyhow.
  14. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Yeah, boosting dales for Government Motors. Barry needs that money from GM to pay off his union buddies, and Barry needs some skim of GM's profits so he can fund AdolfCare.
  15. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

It won't fund adolphcare it will be lining for Chi Town Barry's pockets.
  16. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The AdolfCare tax money won't be funding AdolfCare either, it will be funding ObamaWalletCare, just like everything else. "Funding <insert gov't program of your choice>" is my new euthanism for "lining Barry's/Soros'/Stern's/ACORN's pockets."
  17. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Obama Administration Says It Is 'Not Finished With Toyota'

Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:35:09 PM by Sub-Driver

Obama Administration Says It Is 'Not Finished With Toyota'

By JOSH MITCHELL And NORIHIKO SHIROUZU

The Obama administration toughened its stance toward Toyota Motor Corp. on Tuesday, saying it is still reviewing possible safety defects in the company's vehicles and weighing other actions.

"We're not finished with Toyota and are continuing to review possible defects and monitor the implementation of the recalls," Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said in a statement.

Another DOT official said the agency is considering a civil penalty against the Japanese auto maker.
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2442920/posts

http://lamecherry.blogspot.com/2010/02/grime-reaper-obama.html
  18. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Re: Obama Administration Says It Is 'Not Finished With Toyota'

"A civil penalty against the Japanese auto maker", that should drive them out of the country, or into a government bailout!
  19. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Would this be happening if it involved GM rather than Toyota? I think not.
  20. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, Barry apparently thinks he's doing such a great job running GM, that he now wants to try and run Toyota also:rolleyes: