TOZ TO3-8M ANYGOOD?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by GUNNA1DAY, Jan 23, 2012.

1. GUNNA1DAY

GUNNA1DAY New Member

Hi, looking at buying a mates 22lr. It's a toz to3-8m (heavy barrel) single shot. I have seen this gun shoot and it seems to be quite accurate. Anyone had any experience with these old russian 22's? and is there any particular ammo that would best suit this rifle? . Thanks in advance.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day and welcome to the forum !

good to see another Aussie on board

they are fine target rifles , take a knock and still hit bull's all day

mine likes Eley subsonic for best target results ( 1/2 " at 50 yards on a good day peep sight)

but they eat pretty much anything and get decent results eh

lot's of info on rifles and ammo here

do a few search's see what ya find, any questions the folks here will be happy to help

cheers
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  3. Cynergyzed

Cynergyzed New Member

Here is a tidbit of information for you....after the Winchester factory closed down in Conn. Winchester had a .22lr Wildcat rifle made by the Toz factory in Russia, The Winchester Wildcat came with one 5 round magazine and 3 10 round magazine, it also has a threaded barrel for silencer's ect. Anyway the Wildcat is a Toz with a checkered stock and it even has sling swivels. I read that this .22lr is very accurate. They are around ..they made two, one with a bull barrel, and one basic .22lr, both have the nice wood checker stock, the trigger/receiver looks like a mosin....