Tradewinds/Husqvarna H5000

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 4, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

jackal221
    (2/2/03 2:58:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Help!! Info on a Husky H-5000
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have recieved a Husky H-5000 which is in the middle range of good condition. It has the name Husky H-5000 on the barrel it is a 7mm REM MAG. I cannot find any information anywhere on the internet regarding this swedish rifle. I am wondering on its history and its price. It has a Wide Angle Weaver scope with Bueheller mounts. Any help would be appreciated.

THanks

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/2/03 4:34:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Help!! Info on a Husky H-5000
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to the board, Jackal221 -

I can find no reference to a Husqvarna Model H-5000 rifle.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

rufesnow
    (2/3/03 3:18:02 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del .
    Your rifle was imported & sold by "TRADEWINDS" of Tacoma, Washington.
    Can't find much other information? Only the one standard model listed "24 inch barrel, blued with walnut stock".

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/3/03 4:27:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Help!! Info on a Husky H-5000
    rufesnow -

Thanx for your reply to jackal1221. At least now he has some information he didn't have before. Maybe he'll be able to completely identify it sometime.

By the way, to The Firearms Forum, the greatest firearms community on the internet.

Don't be a stranger; come back and visit often.

We can always use help in the various forums on the Board, and it looks like you'll be an asset to our team of cadre.

Regards

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/3/03 8:16:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Help!! Info on a Husky H-5000
    Better late than never.

All 'Husky' marked Husqvarna rifles were imported by Tradewinds. These were modified 1600-series rifles specifically for import to the American market in the late 1960's - early 1970's. Should have a 98 Mauser-type action.

Unfortunately, the Husky's dont pull the bucks that the other Husqvarna rifles might. Figure $300 or so. Husqvarna also manufactured rifles for Smith & Wesson, plus were imported by a short list of other companies - all now defunct.

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 2/3/03 8:21:35 am

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/3/03 8:21:46 am)
    Hi Jackal and Rufesnow.....welcome to TFF.

Tradewinds Husky Model 5000

70% = $200
    80% = 225
    90% = 250

I don't how much extra for the scope.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/3/03 3:41:29 pm)
    OK, now that we have an importer's trade name, find the following:

Tradewinds Husky Model 5000
    Bolt action (no 7mm Rem Mag chambering listed) imported from Europe - introduced 1973, discontinued 1983.
    Mint (LNIB) condition = $350
    Excellent Condition = $320
    Very Good Condition + $290
  2. btshnmt

btshnmt New Member

I have a Husky H-5000 30.06, hard to find info on this model. Do you have an interest in selling yours?
  3. bronce

bronce New Member

Good to hear about the h-5000, I have a Husky in 243 cal. and never known much about it. Thanks to all!! Bronce::)