Trading Freedom For Security...

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Shizamus, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

When was the last time the absolute top leader, the most important position in our government, recieved the support of more than 25% of the ELEGIBLE voters in this country?

Now tell me am more correct or more wrong?

I'm not saying always, everyone, no one, or never, I'm saying "am I more wrong or right".

I'll make a little suggestion here. Go out and try to collect signatures from the general population to get someone on the ballot sometime. Do a little door to door canvasing. Don't skip to the good neighbor hood, go to every door. Then come back and tell me about the majority of "Americans".
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Mr. Ryan

The only place I see reference to
    " the majority of "AMERICANS." " is in your response to my comment. Which comment, by the way included:

[/QUOTE]America still has a solid core of thinking, vigilant people and (reasonably) honest politicians to beat back the corrupt.[/QUOTE]

When I was taught to use the language, a "core" did not necessarily mean, nor did it require, a majority of the object, substance, stuff being described. It appears to fit your agenda to label all except you as useless, but it does not fit my agenda. Despite your urgings to the contrary, I will not give up the fight, nor will I join the ranks of the uninformed, uninspired floaters.

I think I understand your goal in denigrating us as you do, but I do not agree with your methods. The end does not justify the means.
  3. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

America still has a solid core of thinking, vigilant people and (reasonably) honest politicians to beat back the corrupt.[/QUOTE]

When I was taught to use the language, a "core" did not necessarily mean, nor did it require, a majority of the object, substance, stuff being described.

Ok

It appears to fit your agenda to label all except you as useless, but it does not fit my agenda.

Not labelling ALL as useless. Not a bit and especially not ALL BUT ME. Many are a lot more useful than I am. But we all have our purpose in it's time.

Despite your urgings to the contrary, I will not give up the fight, nor will I join the ranks of the uninformed, uninspired floaters.

My intent is hardly to encourage any one to join the ranks you've mentioned here. Their ranks are over flowing already.

I think I understand your goal in denigrating us as you do, but I do not agree with your methods. The end does not justify the means.

[/QUOTE]
    No intent to denigrate any one. Only to inject a little reality into the blue skies and rose colored dream land where some people think Daniel Boone and Davy Crocket are going to stand up suddenly at the last minute and save us all from the County Sherriff the day an oppressive government sends him knocking on the door.
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Then why so belittling?

Hey Jack, injecting a little reality (as you see it) is great...

it's the smoke up our @ss that get's irritating :D

then again, maybe not?
  5. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

:D As I said before:

"WE have the best system known to man in this country. If we dont like the laws...guess what ...we can all get together and change them. I am all FOR keeping an eye on the federales and not losing any of my personal freedoms...however I know how to protect those rights too...at the voting booth.

Do you know who your elected representatives are??? Better yet do they know you??? Most of them tend to vote the will of their district...or so they say. Guess what...with no feedback from you, they will vote their conscience...or lack of same. My representatives know my name...do yours???

A police state would exist in America only if the common people would allow it to happen...I personally feel that there are way too many gun owners and vets to allow that. If you teach your children the rights and wrongs...well the next generation will take care of itself too. I am way too much of an optimist and a believer in the spirit of American people to buy into the darkness that you are ranting about. "
    :D

Nothing wrong with keeping yourself and other folks informed. But remember groups just like the people that post in this forum have considerable clout when they choose to exercise it.

The choice of when & where is yours...

swede
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Swede commented:

This is one of the most important factors in our ability to be assured that the Founding Father's wishes are closely guarded and followed by our current representatives. One cannot play down a rapport between we as constituents and both our Representatives and Senators. As in Swede's case, my Congressman knows me well and responds regularly to my E-Mails and telcons, several times a week generally. Also, one Senator is a good friend and the other knows who I am and the issues that are important to me and other constituents, also responding to various issues several times a month.

If you don't have contact, make it now and keep it up. This is fulfilling the exercise of our responsibilities in a representative form of government and will assure that those who seek to destroy or subject us don't get off home plate even a foot toward 1st base.

This is equally true not only for this thread but for the comments re: the assualt weapon ban situation. Mr. Rowe (for those not aware, President Bush's most trusted advisor) was quoted yesterday as feeling this would NOT be passed by either House of Congress. Maintaining a constant contact with your Representatives and Senators will assure that he is correct.
    Last edited: May 9, 2003
  7. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Oooooh!...

I too hate it...when "Smoke" is wafting up my ace!...unless it's hickory...kind'a like the way that feels...;)
  8. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

I dunno. Guess I'm just a cantankerous pr1ck.
  9. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

maybe your right [​IMG]
  10. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.

Doesn't mean when he does that he's not blind any more, not any more than it means it's not an acorn just because the blind hog found it.