Traditions Vortek - barrel porting

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by wpshooter, Aug 21, 2012.

1. wpshooter

wpshooter Member

Looking for advice on the barrel porting on the Traditions Vortek muzzleloaders.

Does this porting of the barrel make the REPORT of the gun a great deal louder than normal ?

Thanks.
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i own one and to some extent it does,but when hunting i really havent paid any attention.i think you should wear ear protection any time you shoot other than a hunting situation. old semperfi
  3. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

It doesn't actually make it louder, porting redirects the sound, which makes what you hear louder--and more damaging to your ears.