traditions

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by merc, Jul 6, 2003.

1. merc

merc New Member

Hi
    Not much into the BP thing yet.
    I bought a T/C Black Diamond 2 years back for deer hunting.
    I got tired of missing out on some nice deer. It seems the 1st week of black powder season I would always see a deer about 70 - 100 yards out while sitting in the tree stand with my bow and arrows. Now I got a gun and don't see any deer.
    OOPs-digressing......
    I have always liked the looks of the Kentucky and Pennsyvania muzzle loaders, so...
    I just bought a Traditions kit Kentucky Rifle.
    It is taking a lot of work. None of the parts match and holes are drilled out of alignment, etc.
    When complete I think it will be pretty nice.
    I will put on a picture when done.
    Any comments.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey Merc!, I'm still learning to shoot them. Good luck on your project!...and yeah, post up some Pic's when you get finished with it. Targets also...;)
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm a little surprised that the kit is that far out of quality. I've built several kits and always found them to be of good quality. I think the CVA kits are about the best bang-for-the-buck (sorry, couldn't resist that pun. :D )

Yeah...PICS

Pops
  4. merc

merc New Member

almost complete

Well I got that Kentucky rifle kit together finally.
    It really didn't come out too bad--if I say so myself.
    Now I'll have to take it back apart and finish the stock and shine the brass and blue/oil the steel.
    Then put it back together again.
    I should be able to complete the project in a week or so.
    I'll post pics when done.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Fun, isn't it? :D Get it all cleaned up and take some pics. Then you can take it out and get it dirty. :D:D:D

Pops