The Firearms Forum banner

Trail camera Fawn..

6K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Zane71464 
#1 ·
My trail cam has been on vaction for a while and with the drought conditions we've been haveing in this area, I found an old pond back in the middle of no-where and thought I'd set the cam up. (even the small pond is all but dried up)
But anyways, out of all my TC pics, this is the VERY first fawn with it spots still on that I've cuaght on my trail camera....dont know why, but I've had the TC for a few years and in different places, just never caught a fawn on it til now! lol

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
Beth, most cameras have an SD card that you can remove and plug into your computer, so you can just swap cards and look at the pictures at the house. I have to use a usb adapter to read my card, but some of the newer computers have built in slots to directly plug the cards in. You can also hook the camera up via an AV cable directly to your TV if you want to view them that way, but then you have to have the camera with you, so not many people do it that way. Some cameras will even text you the pictures, but this costs I think and would be annoying if you had grass in front of your camera.

#31 ·
yeah. Wouldnt be an issue. When I first got mine, I set it up in the living room to check the pictures. Got several good ones of the cats sneaking around. Then I hooked it up to the tv to check the quality.

#33 ·
There are drawbacks for using it like that though. With the infared cameras, there is a red light that comes on when it is triggered. It is not bright, but if somebody is looking at it, they will be able to see it. If they see it, they will simply take the camera or trash it. If it is out of the way enough of high enough, it might not be seen though. But I have heard of several people using them like this. Placement would be important.

#35 ·
enter the contest-do u think the yotes would have gone for u?
Well, no way of telling, but if they hadnt of growled, I would never have known they came in from so far away, so fast. When I hit the light on them...I'd have to say, sure didnt look like they were to make friends!
I was smoking a cigg and that didnt even scare'em off. Usually, any sign of an oder that isnt natural, they wont come in that close.
can u put one of those camera's in your house? can u see the pictures without hooking it up to computer?
I was just looking at some security cameras at radio shack and wmart, (was there to buy a BNC extension cable) and they have some decent Swann security cameras at a decent price and would work better than a trail camera for inside the house.
I have used my trail camera for the front of my house and out buildings and they work pretty good. But, if I was looking for something inside, I'd check out the Swann security camera....alot of differnt models to suit one's need(s).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.