Trail camera Fawn..

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Zane71464, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Country101

Country101 Active Member

yeah. Wouldnt be an issue. When I first got mine, I set it up in the living room to check the pictures. Got several good ones of the cats sneaking around. Then I hooked it up to the tv to check the quality.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

pretty cool cheap security camera thanks again for the info
  3. Country101

Country101 Active Member

There are drawbacks for using it like that though. With the infared cameras, there is a red light that comes on when it is triggered. It is not bright, but if somebody is looking at it, they will be able to see it. If they see it, they will simply take the camera or trash it. If it is out of the way enough of high enough, it might not be seen though. But I have heard of several people using them like this. Placement would be important.
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

we had someone where i live damaging a snow plow in the middle of the night and they did not know who was doing it i told them to get a game camera but they would not listen to me
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Well, no way of telling, but if they hadnt of growled, I would never have known they came in from so far away, so fast. When I hit the light on them...I'd have to say, sure didnt look like they were to make friends!
    I was smoking a cigg and that didnt even scare'em off. Usually, any sign of an oder that isnt natural, they wont come in that close.
    I was just looking at some security cameras at radio shack and wmart, (was there to buy a BNC extension cable) and they have some decent Swann security cameras at a decent price and would work better than a trail camera for inside the house.
    I have used my trail camera for the front of my house and out buildings and they work pretty good. But, if I was looking for something inside, I'd check out the Swann security camera....alot of differnt models to suit one's need(s).