train to carry

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Bobitis, May 31, 2012.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I know they are a forum sponsor, but this sub-forum is about the good and the bad.

Train to Carry entered a givaway for out 11th aniversary last February. It was a great gesture, and I was lucky enough to win.

Tomorrow will be June 1st, and I've yet to receive my prize. Excuses have been made (which I can understand, to a point), but nothing has been sent at this time.

I may not be a sponser, but I do contribute. When I offer something in a giveaway, it gets delivered within a week. And I'm just a member.

Caveat Emptor.
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

sorry if they are a sponsor and don't stand up to their word then i don't think they should be a sponsor that's not right
  3. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Bob, how about bumping this thread about once a week. Unless, of course, you finally get your promised item, then let us know it arrived.

Unfortunate.

There is a very well known portrait artist in Jacksonville. I attended a function at the local Shrine Temple back in the mid-90's. The artist had advertised, at the black-tie event, that he was going to provide a free portrait of whoever had the winning ticket.

The tickets were on sale for a hundred dollars each, all proceeds going to the Shrine children's hospitals. As luck(?) would have it, my wife won.

We gave our names to him. He said he would contact us 'soon' and set up a date for a sitting.

It never happened. We left our names with his secretary several times over a period of a year, or so.

Never heard from him.
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'll vouch for Bobitis' largesse. On his own, he raffled off 2 X 1 pounds of cheese made at the University. One was for eating now, which we did. The other is to be eaten in 2 years.

I was fortunate to win his drawing and the cheese, prepaid, was here in 3 days from clear across the country.
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

3 months???
    What kind of excuses.......never mind, I don't even want to hear them. :mad:
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

not good
  7. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i HOPE it's a dropped ball and someone reads this and picks it back up.

good luck to you sir.

soundguy
  8. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Same thing happened to me, BOB. I won a prize in the Chrismas giveaway. I was excited. So far, NADA!
    Sucks.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

what was that Frosty ? heck giveaways should be just that , not take a long wait ..
  10. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They givers want their company names to be out front. Pretty sad to hear another story. :(
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and thats why i have never used my business name here ,
  12. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

A regular poster,Jack. I'm a bit reluctant to call them out. I'll pm you.
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
  14. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Holy smokes! Man Bob, I'de be a little hot under the collar and I commend you for saying it the way you did, and I really ADMIRE you for saying something. If a man does not have a good word then he has nothing IMO. He is lower then a snakes bellie. If I won something and a guy could not make good on it, I would respect him if he appologized and tried to find some way to make it right. But to make excuses and drag it out does not set well with me.
  15. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

those people should not be allowed in the giveaways unless of emergency death in the family or a real emergency