trajectories and balistic info

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by rik, Jun 21, 2003.

1. rik

rik New Member

Hey all,
    Where would I find a chart of trajectories and balistic info for many different rounds? Also do the ft/lbs compare to what the actual kick of the gun would be?

thanks
    rik
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Any handloading manual, Hornady, Speer, Lee, Sierra and others have trajectory and muzzle energy tables in the rear for all calibers and bullet weights.

I guess you can equate the recoil energy by looking at the muzzle energy, but they are two different measurements. As a rule of thumb, the higher the muzzle energy, the more the recoil. There are tables for actual recoil energy, but I do not have them at this time. If I find them, I will get back to you. Hopefully one of the senior staff may know where to find them.
  3. potato_sniper

potato_sniper New Member

Or, on the web....

If you're just looking for a quick reference, check out Remington's website. It's got ballistics tables for all their ammo. Plus, you can compare different centerfire rifle cartridges on the same screen.

I think Winchester has something similar on their website, but you have to have more than one window to compare different calibers.

Later
  4. outdoorsman260

outdoorsman260 New Member

5. txdeerhunt

txdeerhunt New Member

Chuck Hawk's site (see link above) has the most comprehensive info on rifle cartridges I have found on the net. When you get in his site be prepared to hear him sing the praises of the 30-30 and the .270. He absolutely loves these two cartridges. (OK, so do I)

I have all of his rifle cartridge info as well as a few of his tables printed out and put into a quick reference binder. The info is that good.

His chart on trajectories is different than most. Instead of just giving "zero at 100" data, he gives data in relation to maximum point blank range (MPBR).