The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Shooting Tips

20K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  gvw3 
#1 ·
Been shooting trap biweekly for about a year and a half now but i cant seem to get past 23 out of 25 any advice

#52 ·
This is very good advice. The 'watcher' needs to be an experienced shooter and INSTRUCTOR!!!

Shooting also does involve some 'equipment racing', for sure. As some mentioned a good fit of the gun will get you a couple points and dust a few of those that would othrwise be chips.
bobski is a good shooter. He is the one that got me started in clay's just a little over a year ago.

My son is now shooting 22/25 and over 90 out of 100. I can't get out of the 80's. I still go most every week and love the sport even though I am not that good at it.

#56 ·
Clay pigeon shooting ranked by order of boringness:
1. Trap
2. Skeet
3. Sporting Clays
4. FITASC
Obviously someone who has yet to master the art of hitting a flying object. I suppose if you can't hit a moving object and go 0 for 25 that it might get boring. Kinda like how I think golf is boring. But I also realize I'm no good at it either.

#58 ·
Your gun selection in skeet shooting is very important part, so always choose best suitable shotgun at least 12 gauge double barrel. Holding the shotgun properly is extremely important for achieving hits and shoot the target. Before enter the skeet shooting ground, you must practice by simple pointing and tracking the targets.

#59 ·
This was a good old thread. My son has hit 100 in a row several times since this thread. I have 50 in a row but have never got 75. Still shoot trap almost every weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.