Trap with a 20ga 20" Barrel

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

dkeith
    (1/28/03 12:06:48 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Trap with a 20ga 20" Barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is it feasible to shoot trap with a Remmington 870 20ga with a 20 inch barrel? Is there a certain choke I should have considering my barrel length? I currently have a modified choke.

Thanks for your input.

MTaylor
    (1/28/03 7:04:58 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Trap with a 20ga 20" Barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It will make it a little more challenging.

Have you patterned it? That's the only way of knowing what to expect. Throw you up a target in the pistol range, put on a full choke and see what pattern you get at 30 and 40 yards.

After you see that pattern you may decide to back off on the choke a little.

Use the heavier loads for a little more range on the trap field.

dkeith
    (1/29/03 12:48:42 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Trap with a 20ga 20" Barrel
    I went trap shooting for the first time tonight. I used my 20ga. I met an off duty instructor and he spent some time with me, got me joined with a squad, and stood with me at the line. It was a blast! I hit 2 targets. I thought that was OK for someone that had never shot a shotgun before. I've signed up for a beginning class.

Now I just need to find that 20ga full choke. No one has them in stock. Can anyone recommend an Internet retailer which might have it?

Thanks.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/29/03 9:56:29 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Trap with a 20ga 20" Barrel
    The Remington website should be able to tell you where you can find them.

www.brownells.com will have them also

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.