Trap55, my old KW pic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Redneck

Redneck New Member

Here is the truck I used to run back and forth to Cal, I lived in this thing for a few years running from PA and NJ out to Cal, OR and WA. Nothing but produce back east, made tons of cash with it but after Mom died I fell into a bottle of booze and didn't climb out till my little rooster cruiser was leaving without me :( The truck wasn't big on engine, 425 Det with a 9OD and tall rears, didn't pull hills for squat but get that baby on flat ground and look out :D Scared many a 4 wheelers with it, made the wife cry like a baby coming across IA one night because she didn't like drafting trucks doing 90mph :D :D :D I had a lot of fun in this truck, saw all 48 states and Canada in it and basicly lived the life of a modern day cowboy in it, man the good ol days, I miss that thing. Anyhow, here is the pic taken in a rest area just west of Salt Lake City on my way to CA, one of very few I got left as my autobiography photo album burned in the Peterbilt :(

[​IMG]
  2. Rugster

Rugster New Member

Lonnie is that the one that burnt and you lost everything in or was that a different one.Was a nice looking home on wheels,Ive had the oppurtunity to look inside a few sleepers here and there ;) and thats what they are a home on wheels fridg microwave nice cozy looking beds.That must be like a Military thing it does seem most Drivers keep their sleeping quarters etc in a good neat condition.
  3. drygulchdan

drygulchdan New Member

nice truck,gave mine up (88 freightshaker)when my son was born in '95
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

Redneck, You know you have been over the road too much, when you know that exact rest stop!! Used it many a time! Thanks for the pic Redneck, you know my weak spot is them K Wopper's. Never did care for the flat tops, I bump my head enough already! I was thinking, we probably crossed paths numerous times, and never knew it. It's a big world, but alot smaller when you drive enough miles to go around it a couple of times.

Rugster, If you ever have the chance, take a look inside an apartment sleeper like you see on a Bekins or Mayflower moving truck. They even have a shower and toilet. Basically a 10 wheeled motorhome with a fifthwheel on the back. They cost as much as a house too!
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

6. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    We get a few coming into the yard that have double walk in bedrooms, complete with portapotty, microwave, refrigerator, AND satellite tv!!! Generally they are dragging in heavy equipment on skateboards. Had one seriously beautiful KW in a few weeks ago. Metallic candy apple red, all aluminum polished wheels (tractor and trailer), and an extremely curvaceous passenger in the right seat! LOL

John
  7. Redneck

Redneck New Member

Rugster, it was the Pete that burnt, the KW went bye bye on a hook :( I got into a bout of depression after Mom died, got drunk and stayed drunk for close to a year, you can probably guess what happened to the KW :(

Trap, it may have been a flat top but it had the step down sleeper and I could stand up in it! If I remember right there is a 76 truckstop (now a T/A) not far from there with a tiny parking lot. One thing I miss hearing was about 2 hours west of there, "Hello drivers, do you need a hot shower, hot coffee and something to eat? Well stop on in here at Donnas where you get a free hot shower, free hot coffee, a bite to eat and FRIENDLY CONVERSATION with no obligation"! hehehehe, I was a good biy but you can bet I had many a free showers there :D :D :D
  8. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

LOL...If you were a good boy, I hope you wrote that down on the calender! :eek: I was just by there in June 04, that T/A turned into a whole complex of Fast food and gas stations overnite, and more under construction! Now a stepdown I could live with, beats that extra 1,200 lbs of fiberglass sticking up in the air! I'm glad to see your fortune turning for the better Red, now get some sleep! you start a new life tomorrow at Roadway! ;) :D
  9. mrs njretcop

mrs njretcop New Member

Lonnie, Good luck on the new job tomorrow! :D :D :D