Tree hugging down-under.

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by ampaterry, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

OK, just for Jack in Australia, I will tell a story concerning his neighbor down there, New Zealand.

We met some folks from New Zealand who were just getting started in Doberman dogs, breeding and showing. Judy had been doing this for many years, and had produced one of the finest lines of Dobermans in the world, so these folks had sought her out when they moved to the US.

One evening as we sat in the living room, I asked the Mr. what New Zealand was like.
    Oh my gosh.
    There followed a monologue about New Zealand that made it sound like Utopia placed in Eden and improved. NZ had the tallest mountains, the deepest valleys, the greenest greenery, the bluest sky, the purest air, the best of everything on the planet. He particularly emphasized the water;
    "Anywhere in New Zealand, you can just dip a cup in any stream or river and drink it! All the water is completely safe and pure!"
    Now I did not argue with him, because I am familiar with some of the draconian regulations there on pollution, so accepted this as probably at least close to factual.
    But I did have one question:
    "Man, if it is that beautiful and that unspoiled, why did you leave and come to the USA?"
    he replied instantly:
    "Oh, there are no jobs in New Zealand!"

Tree huggers, take note.
  2. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

3. Brad63

Brad63 New Member

Their government is even more left wing than ours in Australia.

We used to get a lot of psychiatric nurses from New Zealand here. I can remember doing a shift with three male nurses, all from New Zealand and ... I kid you not ... they were all named "Bruce".
  4. ampaterry

Well OK, Brad -
    It is for you too!!

Good grief, what are the odds!
    This guy was named Bruce also!!

(I'm just kidding - I had to throw that in for comic relief!)
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yep thats the way it goes

oh and why Bruce?

Bruce maxwell fought the anti gun brigade and UN mongrels by himself and showed thier plans for what they where back in the 50's and 60's and when he went to the UN in NY USA was arrested and mysteriously died in custody of a heart attack at 36 years of age

NZ has a history of tyelling big mob's to piss off

but yes the greenies took over and its hard to do anything there

many kiwi's came to Oz and the US after and still do

the standard joke now is

"last one out of NZ please turn off the lights"

shame eh

but they told the anti gun mobs to go procreate with themselves

good for the kiwis

also thier troops, great folks eh. way tough and will always have my respect

cheers

jack
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  6. Brad63

Brad63 New Member

What are the odds? I'll tell you something even funnier. I'm sure the person working in nursing allocations had a sense of humour that day because not only was it three Bruces from New Zealand, but ... (I swear this by the Waters of the River Styx) ... there were three females on the same ward, same shift. Two were named Narina and the other, Narini.
  7. Brad63

Brad63 New Member

I was in New Zealand last week, staying at a rellie's farm and went for a walk. I saw this geezer with a sheep.

It's front legs were entangled in a wire fence and at first I thought he was trying to pull it out.

When I realized what was actually going on I shook my head and said, "mate, you're supposed to shear them."

He said, "piss off! I'm not shearin' this with anyone."

On a more serious not, there was a manhunt for some criminal during WW II and the German propaganda bloke on the radio, (the one they called Lord Haw Haw?) mentioned it and said, "Hold the south island, I'm sending another man to take the north.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  8. ampaterry

When I got done laughing, Brad, I moved the thread here where a bit more leeway is allowed.

Jack, I had never heard the story about Maxwell -
    VERY interesting - -
  9. Brad63

Brad63 New Member

No worries mate.

I'd never heard of him either. It is interesting.

When the Port Arthur thing happened, I actually thought the gun buy back was a great idea. Now, I just think that it's obscene for a government to demand that people sell back their personal possessions which they bought legally.

I remember arguing with my grandfather over conscription when I was about twelve. My stance was that nobody has the right to tell you what to do, where to go and to kill and possibly die. He said "of course they've got the right, they're the government."

The dear old codger couldn't comprehend the difference between having the legal power, and having the right.

These days, I see the gun confiscation plus bribe as a sweetener as an obscenity and I think the day will come in first world nations, when decent citizens are going to need to be armed. Hope I'm wrong about that one.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Brad they sold everyone but a few out of shock, 3/4's of the nation where conned and the rest did not wish to speak out after such a horror

dont feel bad mate its how they work..

Packer and Murdoch worked overtime selling it to the people and made anyone who stood against it a pariah.

me included.....

did you hear about the bloke who was the basis of Croc dundee in real life?? no , they kept that dark too,

try getting figures on arrests of those who resisted, also hard to get.

they dont want folks to know..

TRY GETTING HOME INVASION FIGURES

TRY GETTING % OF CRIME BY RACE

TRY GETTING FIGURES AND FACTS F WHEN JOHNNY WROTE THE LAWS

all hard to get but the simple facts are he consulted with the lobbyists and lawyers BEFORE he got into office,

they have been disarming folks now for 50 years, they have the experience and know the routine , make gun owners look bad , round up some real nutters with guns and play on it and when a tragedy happens have the laws ready in place and slam em down and 90% of folks will say "tough! but ok"

as we feel for victims

but look whats its brought

now crims have guns and armed home invasions number 3 a day, shooting deaths at 1 a day and we cant have a pocket knife in fear of being busted.

its all a plan

i did not wake up until Rwanda, and when i looked into it , is when i first ran across the UN lawyer called Obama, he aint the brains but the front guy for some very slimey rich types. Thney are the real bad guys Bo Bo is like a bag man for em

the lobby group he worked for is the same one who consulted with johnny here to get rid of the guns and they also did the brits just before the dunblane killings that caused thier draconian laws

Obama is a tool in more ways than one , the more you look the more you see the same names over and over

PS where in Oz are you ? i'm in NSW ( wish i wasn't)

cheers

jack
  11. Brad63

Brad63 New Member

Melbourne. Endeavour Hills at the moment - very mission brown with low ceilings but it's close to uni and only forty five minutes from any psych' unit I'm willing to work at. I do agency.
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

IF you get up to NSW before i get back to SA , drop by ANZAC rifle range and we'll have a blast, ask for jack, i'm easy to find eh

Psych nurse eh , well done , we need more decent folks in that game, i see it aint easy , and with more diggers comeing home a bit bent , its good to know we'll have some aussies looking after them if needed

cheers Brad
  13. Brad63

Brad63 New Member

I don't imagine I'll be in NSW in the near future, but it's an enticing offer and I'll definitely take you up on it. Where is ANZAC rifle range?
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Malabar

from the airport get a bus to central railway,

catch the malabar bus and ask the driver to let you know when they get to the range gate, then a 400 meter walk to the club house and your their.

Or VRA ( victorian Rifle Association ) has a few shoots i get too

Queens Rifle shoot at Dookie in Vic i get to nearly every year if i aint working.

i shoot the Mil Rifle shoots and attend the IPSA pistol shoot in melbourne if i pass the state finals here ( as i get older thats a maybe ) depends on how well i do but i can see if i aint working and take a few days and get down for it.

cheers

jack