Trend Micro...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Feb 29, 2008.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I dropped off the computer at Best Buy today. They got the norton off the computer and everything back where it belongs. It wasn't as bad as i thougt...

I bought Trend Micro and Webroots spysweep and installed them. My computer runs great now!!! It should be able to weather all kinds of "content" that CRP thinks i dredge through on a daily basis.... :D

I'm getting a late start heading back to Ark to start packing my stuff. I'm gonna leave in the morning. There's a computer in the office so i won't be out of contact. I'll probably spend most of my time packing though....

mike
    gn
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Glad you are up and running.... I like Trend, I use their free on-line scanner occasionally.

Crpdeth
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Ya know it’s funny. The other day when we were having this conversation and some people were saying they don’t bother with antivirus, I had a problem.

I was getting ready to send off an e-mail and my avast told me I was going to send off a virus then asked I wanted to continue. Well of course not, I don’t want to be the one to INFECT some poor recipient with my email.

Now if I wasn’t running anything, I would have been the one to be causing the problems, all happy and ignorant.

It’s good to hear that you got that Nortons off of there. I have heard nightmare stories with there products.
  4. Marlin T

I was just reading how one popup almost totally destroyed one of my fellow flight simmers computers.

This was given as general advise to everybody by "&Co"

5. sluggermn

sluggermn New Member

heh heh heh

you should spend some time loading your belonging too . ......:D:p:eek:
  6. ken w.

ken w. Member

I had Norton and it would let viruses get thru all the time.I updated all the time.I finally took my pc in and they installed Trend Micro and I haven't had a problem since.
  7. Marlin T

I broke down and kicked Avast to the curb and replaced it with Kaspersky.
    After reading a couple years worth of reviews and seeing they are usually #1, I went with them.

Installation was a breeze.
    The interface is way better than anything I have had before, it’s simple enough that I can understand what it is telling me.
    I like the way that the ‘help’ is set up. If you are on page xyz and hit the help button it shows the help for page xyz. Cool enough.
    The “learn” mode is fantastic, great stuff all the way around.

So I guess my hat goes off to Glocknut for helping me, by me trying to help him. Thanks Mike!
    J:)