Trick or Treaters tonight...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Oct 31, 2007.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Had 26 show up, and I was pleasantly surprised...:)

Only two of them were "pushing" the age limit for maybe too old, but they were brother and sister with a much younger little brother in tow, AND the older sister also asked for a can of food for the Lord's Kitchen, her church was collecting...(no problem, one of the nurses from rehab this morning warned me some of her relatives would be "working' my area, and they were collecting canned stuff...so one of the 'Bird Flu Stash" :p cans of green beans went along with the candy...

Absolutely none of them seemed to be hooligans, or "Pre-Law" (breakers.)

But the OTHER thing I noticed this year, is that virtually ALL of them politely said "Thank You..":eek:

Maybe this new crop of kids and parents just might be OK...

Of course, I might have had MORE if I noticed that the automatic timer on my outside light accidentally kicked the light off sooner...I WONDERED why a big batch of them walked right by without stopping...:confused:

Of course my wife thinks I did it on purpose, to save candy for my own use....:p;)
  2. None tonight. I wonder if it was the crocs in the moat or the concertina wire that dicouraged them. :eek::D;)
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

We had church tonight, so we missed most of the young'uns. Only had one show up after we got back home.
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Just closed up the candy store w/ 3 pieces left over for ME! We had a good turnout, but the first ones didn't show up till 7, well after dark here. I had threatened to put up a sign that said "No Costume, No Candy" But didn't need it afterall.

Well, got to go eat my Reese's Pieces!!:D ( where's that lip smacking smilie when you need it )
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Same number of kids, different year.....none.

I get to keep ALL the candy. :p
  6. Well, Pick, after all, how many kids are likely to come trick-or-treating to a cave at 12,000 feet above sea level???? There might even be bears in there!!! ;):D
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I think the number of kids around here dropped drastically because of it being a church night...I was having fun too, my computer has a really nice speaker system which I placed in the open window and was playing some really cool Halloween sounds...Hmmm, maybe that scared 'em off?

So then I noticed that the lady across the street had her wooden door open and the glass one shut and I'm kinda getting bored here... So I sneak over and sure enough the door was unlocked, so I eased it open and snatched the candy bowl off of the little table and rang the bell, then hid beside the house. LOL, She comes outside and there is this long delay, then she steps further out in the grass and yells Donny!!!!! LMAO, I almost busted a gut laughing. I'll never know how she knew it was me...Then of course the "games were on", with her messing with me and me returning the favor for an hour or so...At one point I put a chunk of deer, fresh off of the smoker, in her foyer that was still steaming. LOL, I'm sure the neighbors were starting to wonder about us sneaking back and forth acting like a couple kids. :D

Hope you folks had a good one.

Crpdeth
  8. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Crpdeth, that is a great story. What will you do next year?
  9. Just wait until the 4th of July, Nos. :D;):p
  10. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I got 9 yep nine hours of sleep last night, feels good this morning. I haven't sleep that long without waking in months. :)
  11. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I had 130 trick-or-treaters show up from 5:30 pm - 7:45 pm. Lots of little ones, grade-school age, not many older kids. Adults with just about every group of kids.
  12. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

LMAO! :D