Tried some new ammo today...

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Mr_Shamrock, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Mr_Shamrock

Mr_Shamrock New Member

I was at Academy sports getting some rings for my scope and started checking out the different ammo they carry. I picked up a couple boxes of CCI quiet-22 which I have shot in the past. It isn't as quiet as the CB Longs, but no one seems to stock those. I noticed Winchester has a 29 grain Super X 22 Long CB-Match and figured I would give it a try. It is real close to the CCI quiet-22 maybe even a little quieter. It didn't seem to be quite as consistent as the CCI stuff though as far as accuracy, but in a pinch is still a quieter ammo that should keep the neighbors happy.
  2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

heavier bullet at same basic velocity should be a bit better shooter. The quiet make a solid hunting round.
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I havent had a chance to try those out yet, and have been hearing a bit about them.
    Just havent ran across any place that sells them yet.
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

have you tried Aguila's 60gn round? It's a large bullet in a short case but fits .22lr chamber. They have them loaded subsonic, very quiet in rifles. (not so much in pistols).

CCI subsonic is the quietest LR I've tried but I still keep some CB's for when I need to be silent.
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I saw that 60 grain bullet and I was wondering about the chamber fit...I can't seem to find CB longs either. Word must have gotten out...
  6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Yes the 60grs will fit the chamber but really need a very different twist to shot well. Thatn 60gr bullet wants a 1-9 twist to sabilize. The difference between CB's and the Quiets and agulla 60gr is energy on target. CB's are a truely close range cartidge.