1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Trigger Finger

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by libertyman777, May 30, 2003.

1. libertyman777

libertyman777 New Member

Hi guys,
    I hope I can make sense out of this question, here goes. Where is the proper place for the trigger finger to contact the trigger? When I was in boot camp at P.I. we were shown a technique for finding the sweet spot on our trigger finger by placing a pencil in the area where the thumb meets the hand and the point of the pencil touching the index finger. When mimicking a trigger squeeze the pencil should travel straight toward the rear. If it does not, then the point of the pencil should be repositioned and the process repeated. When the pencil/pen traveled straight back, that area of the trigger finger was marked and that was were it should contact the trigger. My sweet spot is directly behind the first joint of the index finger. This method does not seem to work when firing my MKII. When looking at the "wheel of misfortune" on http://www.bullseyepistol.com/ my shots in the one handed position are a little high but mainly printing to the left. I don't have this problem when shooting off bags. Any reccomendations on trigger finger placement? Thanks,
    L'man :cool:
  2. riderbob

riderbob New Member

Just west of " You sure do live a long way from
    Sweet spot

Lib man

I am from the school of whatever feels the best and can be repeated consistantly. My sweet spot is just ahead of the first knuckle. It is not calaused like the tip yet still has great sensitivity. Hope this helps.

Rider
  3. z537z

z537z New Member

right on

That fact is that when you're rested you're not shooting the same way as freehand, and that's not the same as using two hands standing. If you really want to be on, I'd suggest scoping in (or sighting in) for whatever you shoot most.

I scope my rifle in for how I shoot, my sweet spot is about at the center of my finger (from knuckle to nail), it feels good there on my romanian. I scope it in rested, then if I notice I'm shooting left, I ajust for that, as my main shooting is from a standing position, shooting critters.

It's a cunundrum, but hey, get 3 guns, sight each in for whatever you'll use it for and you're good!

You can use a different spot for each position, as the gun will kick back a different way with each grip you take, but it's probably better to get used to one method of shooting and stick with it.

_z
  4. libertyman777

libertyman777 New Member

That's what I'll do then. I'm gouping consistantly in the same area but I figured that it could be from repeating a bad habit as much as it could be from consistency. I'll just move them sights. Thanks,
    L'man:cool: