1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

trigger guard screw hole positions on model 514 - 22 caliber

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by wpshooter, Apr 6, 2011.

1. wpshooter

wpshooter Member

On some Remington model 514 rifles, the front of the trigger guard wraps/folds backward toward the back of the trigger guard while on some 514 rifles the front of the trigger guard flairs forward toward the front of gun.

My question is, are the screw holes (on these 514s with the different type of trigger guard configurations) the same distance apart thus making it possible to interchange these two different trigger guard configurations between rifles or are the distances between the holes DIFFERENT on the rifles with differing trigger guard configurations thus making it NOT possible to switch trigger guards between the two different rifles ?

Thanks.
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

3. wpshooter

wpshooter Member

GunHugger:

Thanks for your reply.

The gun that I am thinking about buying has the NON-roll back one (which, I do not particularily care for) and I am wondering if I could replace it with one like is on the Numrich site (that is without having to drill a different hole in the stock, which I would NOT want to do).

I don't know but it appears that perhaps the older versions of the 514 had the directed forward trigger guard and the newer versions had the roll back trigger guard.

Thanks.
  4. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Did you get any replies over at RFC? I saw your post over there and I would expect a few of the Remmy guys there should be able to help you. I'm not real knowledgeable of that model so can't help you anymore than I tried above. Good luck.