The Firearms Forum banner

Trigger Job on a Mark II

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Smokin Guns 
#1 ·
BowiePC
(3/12/02 12:28:03 pm)
Reply Trigger Job on a Mark II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a Ruger Mark II that the local gun dealer wants $200 to do a trigger job. Is that reasonable or can anybody recommend someone that they trust?

tks//shep

shooter45 us
*TFF Chief Of Staff*
(3/12/02 6:03:47 pm)
Reply Re: Trigger Job on a Mark II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds really high to me. Why not install a Volquartsen Drop-In Accurizer kit for less than $85.00 ? Light trigger pull with no creep.

Zigzag2
*TFF Senior Staff*
(3/12/02 6:17:04 pm)
$200.00 OUCH...

Great suggestion Shooter45

LIKTOSHOOT
*TFF Senior Staff*
(3/12/02 6:30:58 pm)
*&&%^#@^%%&%%^%
*&%$##$$#%#@!@!!!!~!!!!
(*)*&&()(*()(*&*&(^^%^$
#@@@%$^^$^&^%*!!~~~#?""{{}}{}{}!!!!!!!!!
T.F.F.

BowiePC
(3/12/02 7:30:39 pm)
Reply You guys are awesome!!
Went to the Volquartsen Web site, found what I wanted then found a good ol' boy down texas way that sold it to me for 75 bucks plus 3 bucks shipping (priority mail).

Thanx Amigos!

shooter45 us
*TFF Chief Of Staff*
(3/13/02 8:27:45 am)
Reply Re: You guys are awesome!!
Good deal on the trigger kit. Now, if you don't get the groups you expect, re-crown the barrel and that should help.

BowiePC
(3/13/02 11:20:29 am)
Reply Let me display my stupidity again...
...what do you mean by "recrowning the barrel"?
tks//shep

shooter45 us
*TFF Chief Of Staff*
(3/14/02 8:47:22 am)
Reply Re: Let me display my stupidity again...
The barrel crown in where the bullet exits the barrel. Most gun builders will re-crown a barrel to where the bullet leaves the lands at the same time for better accuracy. 11 deg. seems to work great.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.