Trigger Job?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JERICHO941, Oct 28, 2007.

1. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

OK, so after reading through a lot of different pages on Trigger Jobs too include 1911Tuners' "Poor Man's Trigger Job" article. And after reading and understanding that if I did something wrong that it might hinder proper operation of my 1911 cause there are replacement parts out there, I went ahead with the following. Ground/polished & did a back cut for burrs with stones to .022 to the spur teeth on the hammer, polished the sear, cut one round out of the main spring and took no more than a 32nd of an inch bend @ the outer tip of tension of the two outer leafs of the flat spring. I got it all back together and I can tell that it has taken some poundage out of the trigger pull, but with out an accurate way to measure I cant say for sure how much the work took out of it. I can tell its not in the 4-5 pound range which is where my Micro is set. I do believe though that I can get a little bit more poundage out of it by taking a little bit of bend tension out of the middle leaf of the flat spring, and do a minute back cut bevel on the leading edge of the sear where it sets in the pocket of the spur teeth on the hammer. What do ya'll think? Please give me your input. Thanks.
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I sent you a personal message on trigger jobs as it was too long to post because it included an article on trigger jobs.

LDBennett