Trigger Pull

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by pault, Mar 11, 2012.

1. pault

pault New Member

I am shopping for a cc such as the Smith & Wesson M&P9. It lists the trigger pull as .300 which I assume is in inches. Can you tell me what is normal? I tried my son-in-laws Kel-Tec 9 and the trigger pull seemed way too long. I would like to get your thought on this. I only have experience with my Ruger Black Hawk 357 and it fires with much, much less triger travel.
    Paul
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

The trigger pull on them is relatively short, nothing like the keltec bc that is a completely different action. There is some take up on them but that is the safety in the trigger. Most come in at around 6 lbs pull to. Good news is on the m&p is there is a lot that can be done with it. There are aftermarket parts but they are somewhat difficult to install. On the competition guns, I've been able to take them to 2lbs with no overtravel and really short reset using stock parts and some extra set screws
  3. pault

pault New Member

On reading your response I see that I messed up when I posted the original question. I should have said "trigger travel" instead of "trigger pull". I have very limited experience with firearms. My experience with the Kel-Tec 9mm was a real wake up compared to the Ruger 357. It took so long to actuate the trigger I found my hand wavering with the expected result of poor accuracy. I would like to get a cc such as the M&P 9mm but I would like to have something with a lot less trigger travel. When trying to research this I find the info is very hard to find. I want something off the shelf if possible so I don't have to have trigger mods made. I will keep searching but if you have any thoughts on the subject I would like to hear from you.
  4. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

Check out a springfield XDM9 3.8. Very nice trigger for a stock pistol. I do not know how the other XDs and XDMs are but the 3.8 seems to have alot of potential. It's not going to replace either of my glocks, but at least the wife will leave them alone now. I carry the G19 most of the time and love it, but I can't really remember what it was like stock, so thats not much help.