TRIGGER RETURN SPRING H&R PISTOL

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boe, May 7, 2012.

1. Boe

Boe New Member

I'm looking for a trigger return spring for a H&R top break pistol, Auto Ejecting 3rd Model, 3rd variation. I have been sent 2 from gunparts but neither would fit. I'm trying to get an old fellow's gun fixed for him. Anybody have one?
    Thanks, Boe
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I also bought one from them and it wouldn't fit properly so ended up making my own from a piece of spring wire. I think I have some pics of the one I made. I'll dig them out and post them in just a bit.
  3. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

The camera I had at the time was poor for closeups but you can see what I did here. The problem I had with the one I bought is that the small side was squared instead of V shaped like I made this one. Since it was square and equal in width to the long side it was hitting itself when the trigger was pulled. It didn't have enough room to travel and flex.
    I don't know if I'm the only one who experienced this particular problem or if this is what's causing your delimma as well but in my case I took a piece of spring wire and made this one with the small side V shaped so when it's compressed the two sides don't touch.
    It only just barely touched before but on gunworks a mm may as well be a mile.

Attached Files: