1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

With the numbers the govt buys, I can see the reason(s) for giving in, but it still doesn't make me happy. You can't meet payroll if you lose the majority of your sales.

Pops
  2. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I agree Plus it would be sad to lose another michigan company, Especially one that builds quality products. I dont think its that big of a deal. but we are living in a politically correct world with a crapton of liberals in power.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Was it not some islamic group that started this? If so joke um if they cant take a ****.
  4. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

It's ridiculous. The ACOG scopes aren't gospel tracts that are being handed out to Iraqis and Afghans. People can really suck at times.
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I saw word of the numbering and immediately wanted to go buy an ACOG. I then remembered that they don't offer mortgages on them... :eek:

Realistically, I see where they're coming from. If you want to train some young Islamic Iraqi guy how to use an M4 with an ACOG attached, you don't want him being bitter toward you because of Christian scripture on the scope. I personally don't care what the guy thinks from a gut feeling level but we do eventually have to leave this awful part of the world. At some point our training MUST yield troops that can defend their own government. We can't do that by infringing flagrantly on the most predominant religion of the land.

Part of me says that too much to compromise but a larger part of me wants to see our troops out of Hell and back home. :)
  6. the morning light

the morning light New Member

If not for all the publicity, probably nothing would have been said about it! I see the press is making a big fuss about it in the UK!
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Why don't they just let the soldier choose?
    If a Muslim happens to get his/her hands on one, do you really think they're gonna run away from it?:rolleyes:

If I was over there, ALL my ammo would have a hand selected porcine bullet lube. Is there a law against that?:D

WoW! I just had an epiphany!

'Big Bobs Bullet Balm'!:D

"Hey Frank, pass me some-o-that 4B".:p
  8. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

:D
  9. artabr

artabr New Member

Great one Bob!!! :D :D :D

I've had a TAO-1 ACOG for over 3 years and never noticed the JN 8:12 on it untill all of this b.s. started.

Art
  10. johnmpeters

johnmpeters New Member

I don't think any less of Trjicon. Gotta keep the military contract to keep the buisiness going. I don't know the numbers but based on the price, I don't think they'd be nearly as profitable selling only to civilians. And the military has to remain neutral on the religious stuff for obvious reasons. And one more point, as a Christian it pisses me off that they put Bible references refering to "the light" to draw a comparison between the son of God and a rifle sight anyway.
  11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Remember the sniper quoating Scripture in "Saving Private Ryan".

Well so much for "Battle Hymn of the Republic".

Kind of puts me in mind of the revolt of British Troops in India when the Muslim Leaders spread the rumor about the paper cartridges being impregnated with Pork grease instead of paraphin. However I don't think these scriptural passages would keep the Muslim terrorists from using one if they could get their hands on one.
  12. red14

red14 Active Member

"Hey Frank, pass me some-o-that 4B".

Heh, heh, heh!!!:D:D:D
  13. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

I understand why they are going to stop, and dont blame them for not wanting to loose a customer as large as the military, Im just sorry to see another company fold to the PC world.
  14. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

It's a run-on from the serial number! If someone didn't explain it, 9 of of ten people wouldn't even know what is was even if they were looking it it!
  15. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This whole story is just another reason why a "private" business should NOT get involved with the government!

Whether it's the Feds or companies like Walmart, once a busines becomes dependent "primarily" on ONE customer the business enslaves itself to that customers demands.