1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Triton Quik Shok Hollowpoints

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Logansdad, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad New Member

2. merc

merc New Member

that is a pretty nasty bullet
  3. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

wowie
    gotta get some of those and watermelon test them.
    I have seen a design similar to that in military rounds before, I will find the info again...
  4. Logansdad

Logansdad New Member

every little bit helps when you stack the deck in your favor...Quik Shoks...when you care enough to send the very best !
  5. Cow Caregiver

Cow Caregiver New Member

Splatterball....

I still prefer Colonel Kurt Cannon's original Glaser Safety Slug. However, the Triton works pretty well, as does the Hydra-Shok and the new all-copper Taurus slug offers good performance too. A wealth of riches, fellows. Remember when ball was all? Before Jurras and Super Vel came along and made the mainstream folks sit up and develop hollow points?

I remember those days, and would not want to go back there.
  6. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

what are dum dums? Just plain hollow points? or do they have a teflon coating to go through vests? after all they are called cop killers as well.

where can I pick up some ammo with these bullets?
  7. Cow Caregiver

Cow Caregiver New Member

Dum Dum Arsenal in India...

Was the site of the first jacketed expanding bullet, which was the jacketed .303 slug with an X hacksawed down into the lead, through the jacket. Seems the Afridi and some of the other tribesmen in Africa were managing to get close enough to use spears and swords and such on Bro. Tommy Atkins in his pretty red coat, and the powers that be decided they needed a more effective slug. This was before the Hague Conventions, and besides, they were tribals anyhow, eh what?

The dum dums expanded, blowing great gaping holes in the attacking natives, and rendering their hand to hand skills rather less useful than had been the case before the issue of the new ammunition. As the British troopie had been wont to do in times past, the issue ammo also got used on game. It worked very well for these tasks, just as it had on the Fuzzy Wuzzies and the Afridimen. The modern game bullet is a direct descendant of the DumDum arsenal round.

The teflon round was made by KTW. It does not expand, but it will daylight a Level 2 vest. It is quite illegal these days.
  8. Robert

Robert New Member

QuickShock 22 rf

QuickShock also makes a 22 rf, and they are hot. Almost as fast as CCI Stingers.