Trouble with a Tec-22

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jcp123, Feb 13, 2006.

1. CongoKurt

CongoKurt New Member

JCP123,

I do not know if my last msg. went through or not as my server tossed me out.
    I do hope my informatio woked for you.
    I have also found that using Federal Long Rifle in FMJ (40 grain) gave me groups 2.00" or under at 50 meters. CCI HP's gave me over 2.00" at same distance.

I saw a post of one member suggesting the use of a suppressor witheir TEC22; I have done this and with either sub-sonic (45 gr) or hi-velocity in 40 gr. the results were not very good. I got groups of under but close to 3.00" . The baffles in the suppressor may do something to the flight but that may be my imagination. However I should add the suppressor did get the sound down to a baby coughing (a Bowers Paradigm .22LR was used which I found to be great for almost ALL .22's) It has no wipes to distract the flight of the projectile which i consider a plus.
    In any event if you have any other questions or problems with your TEC22, pleas post a reply/query and I will do my best to help out.
    CongKurt
  2. CongoKurt

CongoKurt New Member

If you hold the magazine in place so it does not 'wobble' while shooting the firearm will/should not jam, stovepipe, drop the mag out of the well (which I have happen to me). DO NOT use truncated rounds as this will cause jam EVERY time. Any high velocity 22's will feed like a pig if you make sure the mag is seated firm in the well. I have tried subsonic (with a suppressor) and it failed to cycle after every shot, however Hi-Vel rounds worked with no flaw. My problem is that the front sight post broke off and I cannot locate another one. Besides that, it is great fun to take to the range... It will have people staring at you because you can get a high rate of fire without it being modified in any way. Again... Hold the mag. seated in the well. That will/should keep you going through a 500rd brick of 22's without a problem. By the way, anyone know where to get a front sight or just the front sight post or complete front sight ? for now I am using a 1/4" allen screww.. Yeah, I know it was not built to do MOA's but IT CAN at 25 yards (better is 15 yards)
  3. mobydick200

mobydick200 New Member

could you send me the blueprint to how you made your tec-22 eject perfectly i have one and i really like it could you help me
  4. mobydick200

mobydick200 New Member

help me please
  5. acura1_8integraVTEC

acura1_8integraVTEC New Member

could you send the pics to me also im having the same problem and its so frustrating i got got it yesterday and can only shoot one shot and then it smashes the empty casing into the front of the bolt assembly