True costs of illegal aliens

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by satellite66, Apr 11, 2007.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

INVASION USA
    $2.2 trillion illegal alien taxpayer sticker shock
    2/3 of immigrants cost Americans $22,449 a year, shows new study
    Posted: April 11, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Someone has finally fixed an approximate taxpayer cost of between 12 million and 15 million illegal aliens residing in the U.S.

A new study by the Heritage Foundation's Robert Rector found a household headed by an individual without a high school education, including about two-thirds of illegal aliens, costs U.S. taxpayers more than $32,000 in federal, state and local benefits. That same family contributes an average of $9,000 a year in taxes, resulting in a net tax burden of $22,449 each year.

Over the course of the household's lifetime that tax burden translates to $1.1 million.

(Story continues below)

If the lower figure of 12 million illegal aliens is used for estimation purposes, the total tax burden translates to $2.2 trillion.

"Would any of us buy shares in a company that we knew would produce a loss of a million dollars a share," asks Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, in response to the study. "Cheap labor is not cheap at the cost of over a million dollars per head of household."

Rector's study, "The Fiscal Cost of Low-Skill Households to the U.S. Taxpayer," examines the economics of the 17.7 million American households made up of people without a high-school degree. Using numbers from the Census Bureau, the Congressional Research Service, the Bureau of Labor Standards and other government agencies, Rector determined what they earn, what they spend and what they receive in government services.

About half of the 17.7 million households studied are illegal aliens. About two-thirds of illegal alien households are headed by someone without a high school degree. Only 10 percent of native-born Americans fit into that category.

"Over the next ten years the total cost of low-skill households to the taxpayer (immediate benefits minus taxes paid) is likely to be at least $3.9 trillion," Rector writes. "This number would go up significantly if changes in immigration policy lead to substantial increases in the number of low-skill immigrants entering the country and receiving services."

Link
  2. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Given this, and our colossal debt to China, this nation is headed toward bankruptcy; speeding down a hill that gets increasingly steeper, increasing ever faster as we ignore the problem. Whom shoulders the debt? Why you and I, as government increases taxes, spending even more, reaching ever deeper into our pockets to fund private pork barrels. Insist on the line item veto and term limits - vote down any that vote against these.

Wake up, America! Fire those freeloaders in Washington! Or learn one of the many Chinese dialects. Divorce the Bush clan from the Saudis; their romantic relationship is disgusting. Suspend the right of big oil, automakers, pharmacuetical companies, insurance companies, et cetera to lobby lawmakers. Insist that lawmakers work at least 40 hours per week - year around, with reasonable benefits. Not Tuesday through Thursday!

Get angry, #$% *&^% *#! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LL
  3. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

LL you forgot to mention divorce the democrats from big unions and trial lawyers.
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Thanks, Mike. Been awake for an hour & hadn't gotton ticked off yet!
  5. clmanges

clmanges New Member

THANK YOU, LL! I've been saying this for years!
    And again, thank you. How many people in the private sector would keep their jobs working the hours that our EMPLOYEES -- the senators and congressmen -- keep?
    These two measures put together would take care of a lot!
  6. RahiemPT100

RahiemPT100 New Member

We have a big problem here in the states that is for sure. However, anyone have the feeling that there really isn't much that can stop the flow? I mean we could spend lots of dough trying to "barricade" the boarders, and pay lots of guards to patrol the boarder, but then wouldn't we be just like the "villian" Ronald Regan mandated "Tear Down This Wall" (Mr. Gorbechev)?

Side note; Anybody seen the movie "A day without a Mexican"? I know that in the industry I work in white people just don't last. They don't have the work ethic, nor are they of a mindset that puts work before their fun (all of the white kids I have hired quit, didn't show up, or had lame excuses for why they couldn't make their shift). Taxes MUST BE PAID (big picture), but (small picture) I can't get naturally born citizens to work for the rate I need, nor can I afford to pay more, and if their ss#'s check out, and their i.d. (INS#'s) check out, there is nothing I can do, nor will do (EEO)!
    Si tu no puedes lees este informacion, probable tu no sabes o no puedes hables espanol. Cuando trabajes en un trabajo por mas de ocho anos, y cuando practicas espanol que tu tenia de ustudias, tu intiendas que yo escrito.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  7. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I got no beefs w/ a company that hires legal immigrants, or people w/ work visa, etc. A MAJOR part of the problem is the stinkin' Co's. that hire illegal's to begin with.
  8. RahiemPT100

RahiemPT100 New Member

Bruce,
    While I agree with that statement in a general fashion, I feel that the immigrations laws are to blame as well. I know if I had the decision to stay in a country where I couldn't support my family, or migrate illegally to a country that would pay me much more, end of decision I would be packing my bags. I think this issue is far more complex than most people see. You need to scratch the surface before you can make any determinations.
    The state of Wisconsin was the first state to do away with welfare, they started a program that trained welfare reciepients a vocation and then did away with the free handouts for having kids. Why can't other states follow their lead? I can tell you this, California would have a lot less problems with paying for "illegals" kid if this were the case.

One mans opinion from the "front" if you will.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  9. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Some good points Raheim. The Immigration laws do need some serious revamping.
    I believe Tommy Thompson of Wisconsin is a Republican, & he did a heck of a job there as you cited.
    California is so dang Liberal, They want everyone with any money to bail out & support all the bums & illegals. :mad: The Conservatives haven't enough support to get something accomplished. It's disgusting. :mad:

Common Sense has abandoned the State :(
  10. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

I agree, Raheim. Quit giving handouts to everyone that asks for one and a lot of the problems will go away.

BTW: would you consider changing your default font color back to black? The blue on grey is hard on these old eyes. They put me in bifocal contacts this year!
  11. RahiemPT100

RahiemPT100 New Member

John,
    You bet not a problem. Liked the color on my screen but didn't know it was an issue out there.