True Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabob, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

I posted this on another forum about a year ago so some of you may have already read it

Neutralizing Crawford

This happened in the 60's when I was working at Howell's Pharmacy in Macon Ga. All the names are changed to protect the guilty parties. There was a barber shop across the street next to an elementary school. One of the barbers was Crawford Hixon, Crawford was a pudgy little rosy cheeked fellow that we all picked on(he enjoyed it usually).
    We had a patient with terminal cancer that had been put on medication at the hospital before coming home to die. The medication was a very ugly purple pill with red polka dots. Ingredient was aspirin. Worked better than morphine. When he died we had a large quantity of the ugly things left.
    I called Crawford back to prescription counter one day and told him that I had some pills that would help his sex life but wasn't going to give him any of them, Showed him the pills. He left in a huff.
    I had a fellow take THREE pills to the barber shop and hide them with Crawford's clippers etc. Called barber shop and told owner that I was missing SIX pills and please search Crawford. They called and said only found three pills. I told them that if Crawford took three he might turn into a sex maniac and we needed to get Dr Evergood next door to come neutralize Crawford. Doc liked to torment Crawford as much as I did. I called Dr Evergood and he said wait until lunch and he would take care of it. At lunchtime the school was letting out the first graders and crossing guard was on duty. Dr Evergood , the local preacher,my boss Hilton Howell and Doc's nurse charged out of the Dr office. Guard stopped traffic and they charged into barber shop. Nurse had a huge syringe
    filled with red liquid. Crawford was asleep in barber chair. He woke up, saw syringe and bent a metal door going out the back. Dr Evergood and crew chased him around parking lot with cars pulling over on the street to watch. Crawford locked himself in the other barber's car. Barber unlocked car and Crawford shot between Dr Evergood's legs like a greased pig and was GONE!. Meanwhile crossing guard was stopping cars on the busy street and everyone was watching.
    Next day Crawford came in drugstore cussing me and said "Wouldn't have been so bad if that damned Doc hadn't been hollering to watch out that I was having a fit"

Crawford died last year . Doc Evergood died several years ago after a long bout with Alzhiemer's RIP my friends
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:D:D If I start to irritate you, just a little bit, Bob, Let me know ASAP! :D
  5. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Bruce
    My wife has been after me to write a book about some of these shenanigans. I have the material just not the talent