Try Glock again

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by NGIB, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Boris

Boris Former Guest

2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Hope those reloads arent lead nose. Glock forbids the use of those in their guns.
  3. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

No DD, they are either Win. or Rem. 124gr FMJ. I was aware of their position on lead and they, along with most of the manufactures, don't recommend reloads of any kind and I understand where that is coming from. I figure a good, careful, reloader can make as good a round as the factory. I don't reload lead in anything but the revolvers any more. Even the 1911 get jacketed or plated rounds. But thanks for the warning to the old geezer, he appreciates it.

Todd
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

For a polymer pistol, I think H&K is ten times better.
  5. Boris

Boris Former Guest

HK are fine pistols forsure. I have seen them KB in 40 and 45 though, well atleast after they Kb'd.

Forget about good CS though, I owned one at one time and getting parts or any kind of service is as bad as Kimber. If you tell them you have a problem, there is not freakin way one of their products are faulty and they will flat out tell you that.

I aint a huge fan of S&W autoloader pistols, but S&W has the best CS I have ever seen, I would own 2 M&Ps for the same price of one HK anyday! Glock also has spectacular CS. A huge consideration I look at when I get a pistol.

One of my buddies has half a dozen HKs and I like them all, and yes I do believe they are 'better' than Glocks, but the extra price aint worth it when Glocks are just barely less of a pistol for soooo much less money..

JMO.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Idk though. I've never seen a Glock shoot as accurately out of the box as an HK out of the box.
  7. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Neither have I, the margin of difference is not that much though. I can nail a 16" gong at 200 yards with my G37 pretty regularly. Thats not bad at all.

That same G37 just happens to be the most accurate box stock service grade pistol I have ever owned. I will admit it is a freak of freaks as Glocks go though.

I like HK pistols and I KNOW they are better. I cann't justify the cost and poor CS that goes along with that price. If I had a chance to buy one for $450.00 one would be in my nightstand right now. that dont happen, even at used prices..
  8. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

The local city cops started the switch to H&K a few years ago and after much less than a year called the whole thing off. They were having trouble - don't know the specific nature - but they could NOT get parts.